Thursday, November 5, 2009

Turkey's For $.40 A Pound!

Can you believe that I just bought three Turkeys at $.40 a pound? That's insane!

If anyone lives near the Wal-Mart in Buckhorn Pa you should get there as soon as possible. They received them on Monday and they still have some left. There is a limit of two per person but my sister only wanted one so I took her other one. I was so excited.

I can't wait to decide on what to do with them. I got three of them and they are each around 15 Pounds. I think I can feed my family for a week on one of those. I will probably make some casseroles and other creative things just so week don't get sick of it. Although I don't think I could ever get sick of Turkey. :)

I don't know if other Wal-Mart's are offering this deal but it might be worth your time to call your local Wal-Mart and check it out.


3 comments:

Mimi said...

Ooh, I'll have to check it out. I'd probably thaw one, debone it, grind it & cook it up as ground turkey. Then I'd freeze it in one cup baggies for quick recipe making!

Anonymous said...

I think all walmarts are. There was an article that I saw on another blog that walmart is having deals to promote thanksgiving for 8 for 20.00. If this is the case...i would think that this would be going on until thanksgiving. My CUB store in MN had turkeys for 39cents a pound limit one but I will be making a couple more stops. I roasted mine today already to make many meals out of it. YEH>
JEN

Lisa said...

The Wal-mart in my area is running HoneySuckle Turkeys for $0.60 a pound. Not as great as your deal, but still good!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin