Monday, November 2, 2009

This Holiday Should Be Illegal

Seriously, does anyone else think that Halloween should be illegal?


My kids came home with tons of Halloween candy on Saturday. I bet you can't guess what I have been doing ever since then (even as I type). That's right! I have been binging on Chocolate. Lots and Lots of Chocolate!

I haven't binged like this since last Easter. It's ridiculous. It's like I can't control myself when there is chocolate in my house. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to give all of my kids candy away because that isn't fair to them but if it is sitting here all I do is eat it. Don't they have medication for something like this? Just kidding (kind of).

Kit Kat's are definitely my weakness. On an up note I think I ate all of them already so I don't have to worry about them anymore. :)

Why is it that my husband can walk past the candy bowl a hundred times and not be tempted but I have to eat the entire thing before I am satisfied? It stinks. I hate this addiction I have to chocolate. I am an all or nothing type of girl. Either I don't have any in the house and I am fine or I have it in the house and I eat it all. I wish I could keep it in the house and just grab maybe one piece a week and be satisfied with that.

Sorry to share all of my Halloween frustrations with you. Part of me just wishes this Holiday didn't exist.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you do with your children's chocolate to keep yourself from eating it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


---


8 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I move it to a place I can't see it. I still know it is there but I eat less if I don't see it.

Margie said...

I only let my daughter have 10 pieces, and I donate the rest to a soup kitchen, they put it in stockings.

And I never start!

Becca said...

Hello!
I read your blog almost every day. I am not on your blog list, but I enjoy what you have to say! I can relate to almost everything you post. I don't have kids, but have the same stupid weakness with food. About the candy..just put it where you can't see it. I know it sounds simple. Then give your kids once peice a day. They don't need a bunch either. Putting it out where you can see it is only going to sabatoge your diet! It would be so hard to have kids and lose weight. You are doing great! Keep up the good work. Those kit kate don't taste as good as thing feels. I can promise you that much!!!!

A Bookish Mom said...

I had the same problem! I have 5 kids so.... mountains of candy! what happend to the little old ladies that I hated as a kid... they always gave out fruit or tooth brushes...

KrysTros said...

Simple solution. I, too, love the chocolate candy. I picked out the little mini snickers. You know, the one bite ones? I will eat one once a day. Cody has 2 wks to eat the candy then it's going in the garbage. I will let him "trade" it for something else. Like 5 bucks or something. In the meantime I am just going to try to stick to the one once a day rule!

Matt said...

Should have left it at my place!!!

Ruby said...

Ok so everyone else says the same thing that I was going to. but hide it... Out of site out of mind... kinda works for me :) ( I did kinda eat way to much on sunday) but its snickers and reece cups for me. often I will end up throwing it out because it sits here forever. but If I start its bad..lol
and also wanted to say I've been reading your blog for months and can really relate! I am often inspired by your posts and love you picture updates! I started WW about 2 months ago and there are days I feel like giving up but I'm worth it!! so hang in there!
P.S just think about x-mas coming and all the candies and cookies! lol I'm hoping to make it thru the holidays without gaining.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thank you everyone for all of the sweet comments and advice. I think I ate all of the goods stuff so now I have decided that I am done. I need to get back to my old eating habits. I feel so much better when I eat healthy. My stomach isn't liking all of that chocolate. :)

Matt, Next year you need to raid the kids bags before they go home. They will never know. Just leave them a few pieces of non chocolate candy. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin