Monday, November 2, 2009

Sirloin Tips On A Budget!

This recipe is a request from a good friend. Tonight I made Sirloin Tips with peppers and onions, baked potatoes with fat free sour cream and green beans that we froze from the garden. My friend Nyky thought that it sounded so good that I should post my meal and the recipe. So here goes...

Sirloin Tips On A Budget:

My mom gave me a London broil the other day and she told me that she usually cuts it in half and makes two meals out of it. She then cuts each half into steak tips. So I did that and then put them in freezer bags and froze them.

Today I pulled a bag out and let it defrost. Then I put it in a fry pan with a little EVOO and fried on medium/low for a few minutes. After a few minutes I added peppers and onions (I cut them about the same size as the meat) and some salt and pepper. I fried it until the veggies were slightly tender and the meat was fully cooked.

I served it with A-1 steak sauce.


Baked Potato Bag Potatoes:

While the meat was cooking I put four medium potatoes in my potato bag and put them in the microwave for 20 minutes. If you don't have a potato bag you should really consider getting one. They are a life saver. It is just a little cloth bag that you put your potato/sweet potato in and then place in the microwave and cook. It is awesome. It is one of those things that you can just stick in in the microwave and forget about it. These bags make the most perfect potatoes. I really can't say enough about them.

If anyone is interested in getting a potato bag please let me know. I can get them from a man who makes them at a very reasonable price and I can ship it to you. They only cost a few dollars and they are worth every penny and then some. I am going to be using them as stocking stuffer this year.

Green Beans:

After I got the potatoes in the microwave I started boiling my green beans that we froze from the garden this summer. They are always so much better then the ones you get in a can. :)


Homemade Bread:

My sister has been saving me some money for the past couple weeks. She has been making me a loaf or two of homemade bread every week. My family loves it. She said that she got the bread machine at Walmart for around $60 or $70. She loves it. At some point in time I would like to buy one for myself. ***If any of my family are reading this. I think it would make an awesome Christmas present . Hint. Hint.***

We really enjoyed our homemade bread with our dinner tonight. We usually eat it with jelly (in my case Sugar free Jelly).


4 comments:

Carrie said...

Just wanted you to know that I gave you an award! Thanks for such a great blog. Hope you'll stop on over and check it out:

http://www.makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/

Congrats!

Bethany said...

I sold my bread machine at my last garage sale for 10 bucks Wish I could have given it to you. And I only do 3 potatoes for 7 mins in my bag...am I underdoing it?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Bethany,

That is so funny. I actually have one of those very small microwaves. I really need a new one. It takes at least twice as long to cook things as it does in my Mom's large microwave. One of these days I am going to break down and buy a bigger one. I'm sure your potatoes are fine.

Jessica

Anonymous said...

I have a breadmaker. We use it quite a bit for wholewheat pizza crust dough.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin