Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life Happens!

I bet you all thought I fell off the face of the earth or at least off of the weight loss train. Well if you voted for number two you are partially right. :)


The past two weeks have been absolutely crazy for me. To the point where I couldn't and didn't want to think about what I was putting in my mouth. I just didn't care. Well it was a good two weeks of eating everything and anything in sight and not exercising an ounce. I bet you can't guess what I have felt like the past few days. That's right, I feel like crap. I am craving exercise (that and chocolate :)). I want to go outside and run until I can't run any further. It might not take me long to get to that point but that's ok. I just want to be active again.



I want to be active and I want to eat healthy. I feel so much better when I do. So after having one last pig out session at the Chinese Buffet on Monday I decided I was in this for the long haul. I didn't work this hard that past 8 months just to give up. My one year anniversary is coming up and I want to be about to say I lost at least 45 pounds this year.




Yesterday I went to Wal-mart and picked up a few staples that I could think of that where cheap and low fat. I will list them below. I also need to go through some of my old posts to find some things that I used to eat when I was really losing fast (working hard). When I have a chance I will write a post to include all of my old ideas.



My shopping list:
1. Fat Free Hot Dogs
2. Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls (to wrap around the hot dogs).
3. 100 calorie Rice Krispie treats (I even found Christmas colors).
4. 4 Weight Watchers Meals that I will cook up when I am in a hurry and make some extra veggies or a salad to go along with it. I tried the chicken enchilada yesterday and it was so awful I couldn't finish it.
5. 2 lean gourmet snack packs. One is buffalo chicken bites and the other is pepperoni pizza bites. I can't wait to try them. They only cost around a dollar a piece.
6. eggs (0f course - hard boiled, scrambled, you can't go wrong)
7. baking potatoes- my mom actually picked these up for me at Giant (I think). They cost $4.00 for 15 pounds.
8. baked Cheetos - probably not a good idea
9. Oscar Meyer 95% fat free Turkey Bologna - I love fried Bologna sandwiches (you can't even tell that they are healthy).
10. Kellogg's Special K Crackers - Italian Tomato & Herb (90 calories for 17 crackers. Yum!!!
11. Cracker Barrel 2% sharp cheddar cheese. Ridiculously expensive ($3.99) but it was the only 2% block that I could find and I was hungry at the time.
12. Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts - 3 pounds for $6.00. What and awesome buy!!!
13. 2% shredded cheese for on salads


Now I have to prepare myself for tomorrow. The dreaded weigh in day! I haven't weighed myself in quite a while and I am not looking forward to it. Well, tomorrow myself and the rest of the world will know how badly I really did get off track the past two weeks. I hope it isn't too depressing.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to make a list of staples that we all keep in the house when we are trying to lose weight and eat healthy. I would love if all of you would join me in making the list. I will start us off in the comments section. I think this list will be helpful for all of us to get some new ideas.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------


9 comments:

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

My Staples:
pickles
light bread
mustard
eggs
2% chesse
salad mix
fat free/sugar free pudding

Terri said...

I am struggling with this one. I'm just now back on tracking after gaining all the weight that I lost over the summer. I am so looking forward to the list that you get together. So far, my staples are:

Kale (bake them until crispy w/ salt and pepper and a little garlic powder)
Spinach
Skim Milk
A real strong cheese (like asiago or fresh parm. A little goes a long way)
Bananas
Honey Crisp Apples

And that's about it for now. Honestly, I want anything and everything bad and have been fighting the cravings. I'm not sure why.

Meg said...

Welcome back, Jessica!

My staples are greek yogurt, salad, hummus and sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes, cut up and baked in the oven with rosemary, are heavenly!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I love the smart pop popcorn in butter or kettle corn, Special K cereal, and 100 calorie packs.

Beth said...

reduced fat cheese sticks
whole wheat mini bagels
peanut butter
high fiber cereal (trader joe's)
whole wheat bread
salad mix
shredded carrots (go Salad Shooter!)
clementines and apples
Delicata and Carnival squash
plain kifer
edamame

Karen said...

Mushrooms. Fresh and canned (no salt).
Add them to everything to fill it out. Especially the Lean Cuisine entrees. I add an entire can to the chicken fettucine, and that will then fill me up. I add them to the Lean Cuisine pizza. Add fresh to salads.
Of course, you have to like mushrooms!

Anonymous said...

Mushrooms. Fresh and canned (no salt).
Add them to everything to fill it out. Especially the Lean Cuisine entrees. I add an entire can to the chicken fettucine, and that will then fill me up. I add them to the Lean Cuisine pizza. Add fresh to salads.
Of course, you have to like mushrooms!

Amy said...

Sandwich Thins, or Sarah Lee Delightful bread
94% fat-free popcorn - 100 calorie packs
low fat cheese (lately Sargento sliced)
peanut butter (on toast in the morning)
diet rootbeer
boneless skinless chicken breast
1% milk
frozen veggies - esp broccoli

Tricia said...

Steam in a bag veggies
Black beans
Laughing cow cheese
Apples
Popcorn mini bags
Morningstar Farms "Chik patties"
Squash (various kinds)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin