Monday, October 26, 2009

Where Have I Been???

What a week. I think it has probably been about that long since I posted. On Thursday night I came down with a nasty stomach virus. I ended up in the emergency room 4 hours later and spent several hours there getting rehydrated and also getting some zofran through my IV for the nausea.

This was one of the worst stomach viruses I have ever had. It hit me so quick and it wouldn't quit until my stomach was empty. I still am very worn down and nauseous every time I move but I am trying to function as normal as possible because now I have two sick kids.

My youngest started with the stomach virus two nights ago and is still not feeling well or eating and my oldest started with a nasty head cold last night. When I get a little energy I am going to spray the house down with some Lysol to kill some of those germs.

I am a little bummed about our week. It has been the most beautiful week we have had for a while. It is warm and sunny and I want to go outside. It would be perfect bike riding weather. Unfortunately I have no energy and the kids aren't up to going out. I hope it stays nice for the weekend. I would love to take the girls to the pumpkin patch.

Well, I guess the only good thing about this virus is that I should be losing some weight. Honestly I haven't stepped on the scale for a few days so I'm not sure. I guess I will see on Thursday.

I will be posting a recipe I made on Thursday morning in the crockpot. I didn't get to have any because I got sick but it is an awesome recipe that I think you will all love. I will try to get it posted today or tomorrow so be on the look out.


5 comments:

Big Girl said...

Glad you are feeling better and hope the kiddos get better soon. nothing like having a sickness sweep through the family to real realize how nice it is to feel well.

Emmett said...

Jessica, sorry to hear about your stomach flu. Did you go to the doctor? I hope you feel better!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Becca said...

I hope you guys get better soon. We are finally better after watching a kid that had a runny nose 2 weekends ago. We didn't notice until his parents were gone and they never told us. Lets just say, I was pretty annoyed when everyone started getting sick, especially since we didn't know what it was and even went to the doc to see if my 22 month old had strep. Lucky us, it was viral. But at least I avoided the majority of it all.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks so much everyone.

Emmett, I saw the Docter in the Emergency Room. He gave me fluids and zofran for the nausea but there is not much more they can do for a stomach virus. Unfortunately I have to wait for it to work it's course.

My five year old woke up vomiting this morning. It's gonna be another fun day! :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin