Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sausage Veggie Soup

I took a suggestion from Kristin of un-athletic runner. I wrote a post the other day asking for some inexpensive recipes. I mentioned that I had a package of sausage in the freezer and she suggested that I make a veggie soup.

That is exactly what I did. I boiled my sausage in a big pot and threw in peas, green beans, lima beans, corn from my in-laws garden and a bag of frozen mixed veggies. I also cut up a few potatoes and threw them in and three chicken bouillon cubes. I boiled it for a little while then put in a big can of tomato soup and a a jar of salsa. Then put it in a crock pot for about four hours while we were at soccer and church. To my surprise the soup turned out wonderful. I just put in what I had around the house and was completely shocked when it turned out tasting really good. It was raining ad snowing here today so it was so nice to have soup for lunch and dinner.

Thanks Kristin for the idea. I honestly would have never thought to put turkey sausage in veggie soup. It is kind of fun to play with ingredients that you have around the house and come up with something new. Now I have a huge bowl of veggie soup in the fridge and a large bowl in the freezer.


Do you ever put recipes together with what you have around the house?


2 comments:

Mimi said...

This makes my mouth water!!!

Mama Bear June said...

OK, but now it's not veggie soup, it's sausage soup! ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin