Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recovering

Well it's been a rough week financially and physically. I am still trying to recuperate after the fair,my daughter's 5th birthday party and my church's new children's ministry. Not only did I put a lot of money into everything but I also wore myself out going to the fair 4 times (well worth it), and getting everything ready for the birthday party and also for the church group.

It doesn't help that on top of everything I got a nasty virus. I have been having nausea and a really bad sore throat for about 4 days now. What an odd combination! I am hoping today that I will be fine and I can go to the gym. I really want to run. On Tuesday I went to the gym but walked in and back out because I just couldn't do it. The nausea was so bad. At least I made the effort to get there. That's how bad I wanted to run. I swear it is addicting. I am going to try again today unless I start feeling sick before I leave the house. I heard that it is not good to work out if you are sick.

This week I have been back on my creative cooking path. With the lack of cash I have had to come up with some new ideas. Luckily we were able to eat leftover pizza from the party for a few days. That definitely helped. Then I made some hamburger bbq (with splenda) for us and for my sister that is pregnant and sick and in the hospital for a few days. Yesterday we had the bbq leftovers and a salad. Aldi had there bagged salad mix on sale for 50 cents a bag. I bought 8 of them. They were beautiful bags of lettuce mix. I bought them Tuesday and they still look awesome. Yesterday I put them in a tightly sealed Tupperware container. I love Tupperware. It keeps things fresh forever. Tonight we are having Pinto Beans and ham from two weeks ago. I froze it and now I will thaw it and have it with them fried potatoes in fried in PAM.

I'm not sure about the rest of the week yet. I need to get thoughts creative juices flowing. :) Please let me know if you have any inexpensive favorites. Now I am off to the gym. I hope.


3 comments:

Faerie Mom said...

Black beans OR red beans and rice with ham or sausage is a good one. Also, Cowboy beans (beans with ground beef, onions and peppers) or hamburger gravy and rice.

Anonymous said...

Get tested for the swine flu. Sounds familiar.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Faerie Mom,
Thanks for the ideas. It always helps to get ideas from others. Those are things that I never would have thought of but they sound great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin