Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Plateau :(

I am trying to get back on track this week so I decided to look back through my old posts for ideas of things I have done in the past and also recipes of things I have made. I am so glad that I started this blog at the beginning of my journey because it is so nice to look back at what worked for me and what didn't. I feel like I am stuck at a plateau right now and I am going to have to work extra hard to get out of it. I am realizing that I hate plateaus and I am really determined to get out of mine. :)

Anyway, I found this turkey meatloaf recipe that I posted a few months ago and I remembered how much I loved it. I am going to make it this week and I thought I would share it with all of you again in case you missed it the first time around. It really is the best meatloaf I have ever had. Even my husband thought it was awesome.

Here's the full recipe that I used. This will be the only meatloaf I ever cook again. I am so excited to have found such a good tasting, low fat,easy recipe.


The Most AMAZING Meatloaf Ever!

2 lbs. Lean Hamburger
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup of raw oatmeal
salt and pepper
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup of ketchup
6 low fat string cheese sticks

Mix ingredients (except cheese)together and lay about half of it in a big pan (I used a cake pan). Put 6 low fat string cheese sticks on top. Then cover with remaining hamburger mixture. I squirted a little zig-zag of ketchup on top and baked for about 45 min. to an hour. Half the time covered with foil.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, the recipe sounds good ... I will try it. However, you listed an ingredient as hamburger -- did you really mean turkey? Also, do you have any idea how many points a slice/oz. this is? Eileen

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Eileen,

It really is an amazing recipe. The original recipe calls for ground turkey but I used lean hamburger because that is what I had. I get it at a great price at Aldi. I'm sure you could use ground turkey or even a mixture of the two and it would taste great.

I don't have any idea how many points it is. I may have figured it out in the past but I'm not sure.

Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin