Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Exercise and Lack Of Sleep

I made it to the gym today and met with my new trainer. I still have two sessions left and my old trainer got a new job. My new trainer is working on setting up a routine for me to use the weight machines along with a few other things. It was really fun learning how to use some different equipment. I told my trainer that if I keep this up I will have some nice muscles in no time. :) I could really feel the machines working.

I had planned on running today but when I got on the treadmill and started I only ran about 2 and 1/2 minutes before I was ready to fall over. So I decided to do a brisk walk for another 5 minutes and then be done for the day. It gave me a total of about 40 minutes of exercise for the day.


I think my problem is that I didn't get enough sleep last night. My husband and I stayed up until midnight watching the move "The Proposal" (gotta love Redbox!). It was one of the best movies I have ever seen. I laughed so hard through the whole thing. I have been doing a lot of work lately and I needed a good laugh. That and some time with my husband. It was a nice movie night without the kids.


--------------------------------------------------------------------


Do you notice that when you don't get much sleep you have trouble exercising? Any suggestions for those days when you just feel so tired.


---------------------------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

Meg said...

Hi, Jessica,

When I'm feeling too tired to work out, I try 1) eating a snack, like an apple or energy bar. For some reason, that wakes me up a bit, 2) turning on my "workout" music, which usually makes me want to get moving, 3) I just start working out, and that in itself usually takes the sluggishness off.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far...that's awesome!

The Millers said...

Just wanted you to know that your blog has inspired me to try to get healthy & lose weight. I am excited. Thank you! I love seeing your progress. You are doing great.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin