Friday, October 16, 2009

Couch To 5 K Update

Yesterday I did the Couch to 5K Week 4. This is a 5 min. brisk walk, 3 min. run, 90 sec. brisk walk, 5 min. run, 2 1/2 min brisk walk and then repeat. I did it on the treadmill because their were a bunch of people on the track at the time. I prefer to do it on the track but I proved to myself that I can do it on the treadmill just the same.

My brisk walk was at 3.6mph and my run was 6mph. I'm not sure if that is good, bad or whatever it was just what I could do. The last 5 minute run was really hard but I was determined to not give up. I thought I might pass out the last minute. It's kind of funny because 2 weeks ago I did this no problem but because I didn't make it to the gym last week I really had trouble with the run yesterday. I definitely don't want to do that to myself again. It is much easier to just keep doing it every week. My body handles it so much better.

So next week I am going to start my week off with Week 4 of Couch to 5K again (even though I should be further) and then at the end of the week I will switch to week 5. I'm not sure what week 5 is but I hope I am ready for it.

For some reason I get such a thrill out of running. I think it is because I am overweight but I can still do it. I always thought I had to be skinny to run but I am realizing that I can do it with out being skinny. Granted it might be easier if I weighed less. I really can't wait for the day that I can run 30 minutes at a time. What a great workout that will be!
---------------------------------------


Are any of you doing Couch to 5K right now? How are you doing with it?


-------------------------------------


2 comments:

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I've done couch to 5k. It rocks. I'm running 4+ miles now. I feel great.

Heather & Chaos said...

Jessica that is awesome!! I think it is WAY harder to run on the treadmill versus over ground. When I run on the treadmill I think I'm at 5.0. I'm a SLOW runner. =) But I'm running and that's what counts! I think repeating week 4 is a good idea. Good luck! I haven't ran in so long I need to get my butt back out there. I'll probably have to start over and I hate that!! =(

Heather
http://anewheather.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin