Saturday, September 5, 2009

Too-good turkey club wrap

This recipe comes from "Hungry Girl's first cookbook (which I love!). My sister made it for me last week and I just had to share it. It is so simple and tastes so good. Serve it to guests and they will never know that it is low-fat. What I like is that it is very filling. I ate one of these for lunch an I was completely full.

Too-good turkey club wrap:
Hungry Girl (Lisa Lillien) Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World.

Ingredients:
1 medium low-fat tortilla (about 110 calories with at least 6 grams of fiber
2oz cooked skinless lean turkey breast, chopped
2 slices (about 1 oz) extra-lean turkey bacon
1 slice fat-free American Cheese ( we usesd 2%)
2 slices of romaine lettuce
2 Tbls diced tomatoes
5 cucumber slices ( I think my sister chopped these up but the recipe calls for them whole)
1 tbls fat-free Mayonnaise

Directions:
Over medium heat, cook bacon strips in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray until crispy (about 5 minutes). Once cool enough to handle, chop bacon into small pieces.

Combine turkey, bacon, mayo and tomatoes in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly.

Microwave tortilla until slightly warm. Lay the tortilla out on a piece of foil (a little larger then the tortilla) with about a 2-inch section of the tortilla extending over the foil.

Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces. Place cheese, lettuce, cucumber slices, and turkey mixture into the center of the tortilla.

Fold the right side of the tortilla in at a diagonal. Then fold the left side in at a diagonal. Flip the bottom up to prevent the contents from falling out. Wrap the foil around the tortilla in the same manner. The end result Will be a waffle-cone-style wrap!

Makes 1 Serving

275 calories, 4 grams of fat, 1,035mg sodium, 29 carbs, 9.5 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar, 35 grams of protein



Enjoy!!!


1 comment:

Living on the Spit said...

That sounds so yummy...thanks for posting this. I might make these for a party we have to go to on Sunday, that way I know there will be something I can eat!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin