Thursday, September 3, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

This is one of my favorite recipes. So when I saw Diary Of A Stay At Home Mom's "Slow cooking Thursday" I knew I had to post it again. I hope you all enjoy!


Jessica's Pinto Beans and Ham:

2lbs of dried Pinto Beans
6 Cups of Water
2 Large Onions chopped
12 oz of ham cut into bite sized pieces
3 cloves of garlic minced
½ cup of green pepper chopped
2 TBSP of Chili Powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp dried oregano

Directions:
Soak beans overnight. In morning drain beans and place in large pot with 6 cups of water and bring to a boil. Add all other ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour into crock-pot and cook on low all day or high for a few hours. Serve by itself or with rice or fried potatoes (fried with PAM of course) :).


7 comments:

shopannies said...

one of my all time favorite crockpot recipes and fall is the perfect season

Big Girl said...

looks really good! thanks for sharing.

Margie said...

You totally inspired me!! I got on the treadmill last night, and even ran for a couple minutes of my walking! thank you for being inspiring!!

Stephanie said...

I have this printed out to make! Looks yummy!

Jen said...

This sounds great! Thank you for sharing.

Renee said...

Your recipes sounds wonderful! Congrats on the weight loss.

darnold23 said...

I would love for you to join me for Crock Pot Wednesday at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com. Mister Linky is up and ready for your favorite slow cooker recipe to share with all of us. Come check it out. Thanks so much.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin