Friday, September 11, 2009

Saving Money For The Fair

In a few weeks their will be a huge fair in our town. Every year since I was born I have gone to the fair and I just love it. It is one of those things that you never out grow.

Sounds exciting right? You ask, "So then what's the problem"? The problem is that I don't have any money and the fair is quickly approaching. I am going to make some changes in the next two weeks so that my family and I can enjoy the fair.

The changes I plan to make:

1. I will only buy necessities the next two weeks. No more picking up little odds and ends at Walmart. We need to stick to the basics like toilet paper, garbage bags, dog food, etc...

2. We will not go out to eat at all until after the fair. This will be hard because I like to get a pizza or go out to eat once a week just to relax and give me a break from cooking. I'm sure I can do it and it will be well worth it when fair week comes.

3. I am going to be cooking out of my cupboards. Ok, that sounds kind of weird but I think you all know what I mean. I am going to be eating what we have here at the house. It will be good to use up what we have and it will save us money. I am just going to have to be super creative when it comes to cooking meals.

4. Two nights A week I plan to make breakfast for dinner. More specific Omelets, turkey sausage and toast one night and Pancakes, sugar free syrup and turkey sausage. This will save a ton of money because I already have eggs, turkey sausage and Healthy Heart Pancake mix. I just need to buy some more sugar free syrup.

5. Get out my coupons for the few foods that I will need to buy. I haven't been great with my coupons lately. I bought everything I need to create my organizer. I just haven't had the time (or made the time) to do it. I have just been half heartily couponing. I really need to get back into it. My goal for the week is to get my coupon organizer put together. I will post a pic when it is done.



You may be laughing at me right now and wondering why I would go to such efforts for a fair. This is not just a Fair to me. It is a huge fair and my whole family loves to go together every year and we always have such a blast. We eat, let the kids play games and just have a good time walking around and checking everything out. We seriously spend the entire day their when we go. They always have such neat stuff at the fair (food and new products). I don't know what it is but I just love it. That's all I can say. Fair week is one of my favorite times of the whole year and I can't wait to go several times. I just can't get enough of it.


We would all love to hear any other great ideas that you use to save money.


6 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I'm not laughing at all. I think that you are really wise and smart to plan ahead for something you really want.

I am into the coupon thing, and it really can save money, but it sure does take some time!

Anonymous said...

I think you have some great ideas. Going to the fair is EXPENSIVE! Especially when taking kiddos....

We started throwing our loose change into a bucket and we cash it in for our fair spending $$. We were suprised at how much money accumulated over the year.

Have fun!

Carly

laurajane said...

I think I've only been to the fair once years ago. But now I'm curious. I think it's good to have a goal to save for. I used to be very diligent about couponing and shopping the sales but I've slacked off a lot recently. It would be good to get back into it.

Mimi said...

We eat breakfast for dinner at least twice a month. My teen boys love it. I buy sausage or bacon when it's on sale & eggs, pancakes or french toast is so cheap it helps alot!

Enjoy your fair. If I was going I'd have to have a corn dog!

operationmuffintop said...

Sounds like you have a great plan in place! I haven't been to the fair in years.. We used to take the kids every year, but dh works through it this year, and it's not really worth taking the night off for it.. but they are a lot of fun! Good luck reaching your goal! :)

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the great advice and support. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin