Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My New Do!

Today I feel like a new person. On Monday I decided to get my hair cut. I made an appointment with Joy from All About You Hair Salon in Bloomsburg, PA. Joy did my hair for the wedding that I was in and I was so impressed with her work and her salon that I decided to go back.

Joy is really awesome! She sat with me for an hour helping me decide what style and color to choose. She also helped me to realize that I used my hair to hide behind like a security blanket. I know it's sad but true. If I was feeling fat or ugly I would wear my hair around my face to be able to hide a little. Joy helped me to realize that I don't need that anymore. Thanks Joy!

When Joy and I were going through the catalogs of hair styles I kept pointing out really short hair cuts that I loved but wouldn't get done because it would show way to much of my face. I really didn't feel that I have the face for a short cut. I guess I still sometimes picture myself as a heavier person with a very round face so I had a hard time picturing myself in any of those cuts.

We did find some medium length cuts that I really liked but I just couldn't get those short cuts out of my mind. I really wanted it. I wanted to go with a drastic change but I was so afraid to do it. Once it's done it is done. There is no turning back. After an hour of looking at colors and cuts I finally said to Joy "Let's just do it!" I decided to go with an adorable short cut. I was so nervous at that point. I was thinking "What have I done. I'm going to hate short hair on me. Their is no way I can pull it off.".

Luckily Joy is like the sweetest person in the world and really helped me relax. We enjoyed talking for the next two hours while she cut and put beautiful Espresso and Cherry Cola low lights in my hair. I was so excited about the colors. Especially the Espresso. I love really dark hair!

When she was finally done I stood up and looked in the mirror. I was shocked at what I saw. I felt like a new person. I even looked like a new person. I could not believe the drastic change a good hair cut can make. My face looked thinner and my eyes looked bigger. I was really, really shocked and excited. I Love, Love, Love my new cut!

Thanks to Joy at All About You, getting my hair cut was such a wonderful experience. I had a really great time. Joy really pampered me. She spent so much time getting to know me and what I really wanted done with my hair before she cut it. It was just so wonderful to get out of the house and be treated like a queen.

If you are looking for someone that will give you an awesome cut and really listen to what you want, then you really need to go to Joy at All About You.

In case you are interested here is Joy's info:

All About You Hair Salon
94 Hidlay Church Road
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
570-387-1990





And Finally we get to the pictures!

This is a picture of me before I got my hair cut:




These are pictures of me after my hair cut:



















24 comments:

Natasha said...

It's very flattering on you. You look like a sexy vixen!

Dot said...

You look so much younger !!!!

Heidi said...

Ohhhh ... that looks so good!!! I often cringed when I hear people getting a drastic change. I worry that it will look awful and I'll hate it, then not know what to say. I actually held my breath before looking at your pictures.

Then I sighed .... it's perfect! I think you and Joy made a very good choice.

bobsgirl02 said...

Wow, you look amazing!!!!!!! Love it!

Big Girl said...

Wow! Super cute. You look amazing!

rskmom said...

I agree with OP, you look younger with that hair cut! Great choice!

rskmom said...

I agree with OP, you look younger with that cut. Great choice!

Andrea said...

Okay, let me tell you that I LOVE your new hair!!! It's really flattering on you! It brings out your eyes, your smile, and your very pretty face! When I get my next hair cut, I'm thinking about going even shorter then I I have my hair now. I had about 8 inches cut off my hair a couple months ago. I relate to what you were feeling. It's SO hard to let go of that security blanket huh! I'm happy for you that you love your new hair! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

very nice! I love having my hair cut short it is sooooo much easier to take care of!

From Fat to Fit said...

Super cute cut!!

KrysTros said...

I love your new hairdo! It's so cute and it flatters you so much!

Becky said...

Very Cute!!

Shelley said...

Wow, Jessica - you made the right decision to go short...you look hip, stylish and younger! I'm glad you are showing off your pretty face as well!!!

Anonymous said...

Proof positive that short haircuts actually can make someones face look thinner not fatter which incidentally is the exact opposite of what women think. Very good choice by your stylist and a very flattering haircut. Enjoy the new you

Erin said...

fabulous hair!

when i got my hair cut super short last year, the whole way home i thought i was going to be sick. i thought i'd be stuck with hair i hated for months while it grew out. then i got home, messed with it a bit and the wham...i loved it...i haven't gone back to long hair since.

you look so good! you went from mom hair to damn sexy mom hair.

Lisa said...

You absolutely look younger and thinner!

Karyn said...

I'm de-lurking to tell you that you look freekin' amazing!!!!! (I've been reading your blog for a couple of months and love it, thanks!).

TJ said...

LOVE IT! You look great! :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You look great. Love the cut and color.

I'm So Pretty said...

Looks fantastic!!!!!

Mandie said...

OMG it's GORGEOUS! You look simply amazing! It's a WONDERFUL cut and the color looks awesome! WOWOWOWOWOW! You are one HOT MOMMA! So glad you took the plunge!

MamaFeelgood said...

Holy smokes that haircut is awesome!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks so much guys! You are all so sweet. I have to say that my favorite comment is from Natasha. She said that I look like a sexy vixen!
I love it! Actually I loved all of your comments. They all made me feel so good.

Thanks!

Jill said...

Shazaaaam! You look amazing in that haircut!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin