Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Favorite Budget Friendly Snacks!

My 5 Favorite Low Fat/ Inexpensive Snacks:


1. Fiber One Bars/Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars (I only buy these when I have coupons and match them to sales. Otherwise they are to expensive. These are my #1 favorite because I can eat them on the run. I feel like I am always on the run so I find them very handy.)

2. Grapes - (I only buy when they are .99 cents a pound or less. Usually one of the stores in my area will have them at this price every week.)
3. Hard Boiled Eggs - (This is one of my favorite snacks. I usually have 1 egg and 2 eggs whites for a snack. Of course with a little salt. :)

4. Fruit and Yogurt Parfait from McDonald's - (I love these things. They cost $1.06 after tax. I only have these occasionally but it is definitely a healthy choice when you are out.)

5. 100 Calorie Bagel with 2TBSP of Weight Watchers cream cheese. (You might think this is a little pricey but the bagels and cream cheese cost about $6.00 and there are 12 bagels. This is approx. .50 cents a serving. Not bad for a 2 P snack.)



What are your Favorite Snacks?


9 comments:

TJ said...

I enjoy a small handful of raw almonds (6-8) as a snack. I eat a lot of fruit too. Always go to see what is on sale- Grapes were low this week so we have those! :) I always keep a kids cliff bar in my purse for a snack emergency- got those on sale at Target, 6 pack for a lil over 3 dollars. :)

Heidi said...

Great tips! I love the All Bran chewy bars. They're only 2 pts each and really satisfy.

Oh, and with a little prep time you can make little yoghurt parfaits like McDonalds to keep in your fridge. Just sprinkle on the bit of granola after.

Heidi Pender said...

What are the point values for each of these snacks?

From Fat to Fit said...

I am a big fan of boiled eggs too. They are easy and filling...with a little salt, of course! :)

I snack on almonds a bit as well.

Living on the Spit said...

Great ideas on healthy snacks!! I made some WW 2 point Pumpkin muffins this weekend and put them into individual serving size ziplock bags which went into the freezer. I think I got the recipe from RecipeZaar.

Erin said...

i like pretzel sticks and cheese cubes, grapes oranges apples, crystal light popsicles (only 15 calories!),and chips and salsa

Heidi said...

I've heard that McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfait is one of their highest calorie laden things on their menu, so you might want to be careful with that.

Brad and Lisa said...

Hot cocoa with a quarter cup of marshmallows, it's just instant cocoa made with water, but the marshmallows add just the right amount of sweetness and it's only 2 pts....totally satisfies on sweet/chocolate level for me. Love your blog by the way, you inspire me!!

Mama Bear June said...

I love having a handful of raw nuts and a couple of squares of Dove dark chocolate. (2 MUFAs!) I usually keep small snack bags of these prepared so if I'm going to be out and about for a while, I can grab one to put in my purse. I also keep a few flavors of Larabars around, too.

Fresh fruit is always good. I love apples with peanut butter the most.

Yogurt with Dove dark chocolate chips is yummy, too. We also have dark chocolate baking bits filled with mint. Heavenly!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin