Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Don't Want To Step On The Scale...

I really, really don't want to step on that scale tomorrow and tell all of you how much I weigh. It's not anything against all of you I just don't want to have to admit to another gain. It stinks but I know if I don't post it tomorrow I will just get back into my old habits and gain all of my weight back. So make sure you check back tomorrow to find out how much I have gained. :) Just kidding. (kind of).

It's been one of those weeks. It has been so crazy that I don't even think I planned or ate a nice meal this week. It's been so crazy that I can't even remember. Between soccer, gymnastics, my Silpada jewelry parties, church, and the gym I just can't seem to keep track of anything. I hope this weeks slows down a little so I can catch up on some things.

I really did try to eat healthy this week unfortunately stress got the best of me. I have decided that Hershey Kisses and Raw Almonds are my new best friend. :) I really do love them. Maybe a little to much. I actually ate more Hershey kisses this week then I have eaten in the past 8 months. That is when I know I am stressed. When I am going for those frozen Hershey kisses. At least I mix it up with some Almonds and make it kind of healthy.

I need to stop eating every time I am stressed or I am going to find myself back in my old habits of binging. Those were not pleasant days. You can read more about my binging troubles here. Luckily I have moved past them but it took me a while and I really don't want to go through that again.

On the up side I have been going to the gym a lot. I went last Friday, this Tuesday and Wednesday and I am going again tomorrow. Tomorrow actually starts Week 2 of my Couch to 5K program. I am very excited to move on. I think my body is ready. The podcasts that I found really help to keep me going. If you are looking for a podcast for the Couch to 5K just do a google search and there are a few you can choose from. It has definitely been helpful.

After my workouts I have also been doing some weight training and cardio. I am doing a lot of things that my old trainer taught me. I feel so grateful to have learned all of these exercises that I can do on my own. I do feel like I am getting enough exercise in I just need to work on what I am eating and portion control.

Make sure you check back tomorrow when we can all find out how much I gained this week. I guess I shouldn't joke about it but that is the only way for me to get over it with out getting mad at myself.

Goodnight!


5 comments:

Beth said...

Step away from the kisses. Trade them for some frozen grapes or something and don't forget to track all of your points. I like to read your blog and get ideas.

Mandie said...

I have found that I can not have anything that tempts me (like kisses) in my house. "Oh, just one more", or one when no one is looking, when I'm stressed, etc. I just can't do it. Yeah, you're making it "healthy" by adding the almonds in, but we all know they can get out of control too :) You're doing great though and really trying...so that's DEFINITELY something. Plus, you've had a crazy hectic week. Hope this week is better for you and less crazy. We all need routines to help us stay on the right track!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I understand how you feel. Those old habits definitely creep up when I'm stressed too.

Bulge to Bump said...

Couch to 5K rocks! If I can do it...anyone can do it. When I started C25K I didn't think I would ever be able to run a 5k but I did it and now I run 2.5 miles every other day.

It's an awesome challenge and very rewarding when you reach that 5K goal. Keep us updated!

Stick with it and as Beth said "step away from the kisses" You can do this!

Loni said...

Jessica, I love your blog. I just found it recently when I asked Jessica from "This That and Your Blog" if she would design a new blog I created for weight loss. She told me about your blog and it's great. I am loving your blog and getting ideas for my own. Thanks for sharing your journey, it really is giving me courage to do the same!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin