Monday, September 28, 2009

Falling Off The Wagon

My Aunt said that I am supposed to tell all of you that I fell off the wagon this weekend. Hi Aunt Diana! ;) Actually I didn't fall off the wagon I just ate way to much food. That's the way I look at it anyway ;).

I really had a blast this weekend. My Aunt came in from New York to visit and of course go to the fair. On Friday Night we had subs from one of the best sub shops in town. I had a huge cheese steak and I ate the whole thing and felt like I could have eaten more. I know it's sad. My stomach should not be able to hold that much food anymore. I really didn't even feel full. After two cookies and an ice cream bar I felt satisfied. :)

It didn't end there. On Saturday we woke up bright and early and went to the fair for breakfast. I wanted to go to an all you can eat breakfast buffet but we found a little breakfast stand that sounded and smelled great so we went their. The food was great and I'm glad we didn't go to a buffet because my daughter wouldn't sit still to let me eat and I probably would have made myself sick for the day by eating to much.

At about 10:30 or 11:00 I had a Nathan's Slaw Dog.
If you haven't ever had one you really need to try it. I think it had Dill pickle slices, onion, mustard and coleslaw. I had one for the first time last year and fell in love with it. It was so good. Unfortunately after that, a potato pancake and some chocolate that my Aunt and Mom forced me to eat ;) (just kidding) I didn't have room for a Vince's cheese steak.

I did have enough room to eat a few of my daughters fries, about a 1/4 of my other daughters $5 funnel cake (what a rip off), and a big bowl of Rice pudding. The rice pudding was awesome. I am dueling just thinking about it. And that was just before dinner.

It was raining a lot the whole day so when it came time for dinner we just wanted to sit down and relax. So we found this cute little place that had enclosed seating and a buffet. I thoroughly enjoyed the fried chicken, coleslaw and a few other things. Oh yes, there is more. I also split a whoopee pie with my daughter. Somewhere on 7th street there is a guy who sells homemade whoopee pies but they sell out of the pumpkin and red velvet so fast. I settled for chocolate and it was great.

So as you can see I had a very productive weekend. I ate a ton of food and probably gained five pounds. It was definitely 5 pounds worth gaining! I got to spend time with the best Mother and Aunt that anyone could ask for and that is worth gaining five pounds for. :)

Now I am back to reality. I spent all of my money at the fair and don't have much food in the house. I am going to have to be very creative with what I make. Lunches are always the worst. It is so hard to be creative and healthy when it comes to lunch. I should just buy some bags of salad mix (buy one get one free at Weis this week).

I also need to get back to the gym. I took today off to catch up on some things around the house and get some of my Silpada parties planned. Also, my daughters 5th birthday is Saturday and we are having a gymnastics party for her. She is so excited. I have to make cupcakes later in the week and try not to eat them all. It should be interesting.

So today I am back to my real life of eating healthy and staying on my budget. Wish me luck after this weekend. :)


4 comments:

Kelly said...

I've fallen off the wagon so long ago that I've decided to build a whole new wagon. Don't let a little bump worry you. :)

KrysTros said...

You know, I have been so good on this diet from mid August until last week. Then one day last week it's like I went crazy and ate a whole bunch of junk one day. The next day I stepped on the scale and had lost a pound after I had been gaining back and forth the previous week. Maybe it's just your body saying "hey let me have something then I'll give ya a little help afterwards" LOL. I think I gained 5 lbs reading your blog by the way......I want a hotdog so bad!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I'm trying to get back on the diet today too. Good luck to both of us.

Mimi said...

Sounds like a great weekend! We may be on diets, but we still have to live our lives!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin