I am doing Crock Pot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie. Check out her site and see lots of great crock pot recipes.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken On A Budget:
Buy a big package of boneless skinless chicken breasts when they are on sale (ex. $1.79pd). Cook the whole package in the crock pot in the beginning of the week. If you cook it long enough it will be very tender and easy to shred. Turn the chicken into several different meals for the week. I did this last week and we got 4 dinners and several lunches out of a $11.00 package of chicken.
Examples of budget friendly chicken meals:
1. Chicken Fajitas
2. Chicken BBQ Sandwiches (put a little bbq sauce in w/ chicken)
3. Grilled Chicken Sandwiches w/ low fat wheat buns
4 Plain Grilled Chicken (serve with baked potato and veggie)
5. Chicken Salad Sandwiches (w/ mayo and lite bread)
6. Chicken on your green salad
7. Chicken Quasadilas
8. Pretty much any chicken casserole