Monday, August 24, 2009

Will It Fit???

A few months ago I wrote a post about the dress for my friends wedding that I bought two sizes to small. If you haven't read it click here.

Guess what? The wedding is this Saturday and I am freaking out a little. I'm not sure if the dress is going to fit. four weeks ago I tried it on and I had a one inch gap in the back. My husband told me that if I had a few people to help him he may be able to zipper it. I didn't find it as funny as he did.

Two weeks ago I tried the dress on and it zippered but I couldn't breath. Still not good. Now you can see why I am freaking out a little. The wedding is this Saturday and it needs to fit! I really hope all of the work I am doing with my trainer is going to pay off. I have been working so hard and I really do see a huge difference in my body but I just hope it is enough to make me fit comfortably in my dress.

On the up side if the dress fits me comfortably I am going to die. Ordering a dress two sizes to small is crazy but if it actually fits me it will be even crazier. If it fits me and looks nice I will be on such a high that day. I can't even imagine what it will feel like. Knowing that I really did it. That I really did something as crazy as ordering my dress two sizes to small and then lost the weight to fit into it. It even sounds so crazy typing it. I may just cry when I put the dress on. Seriously. Everyone will think I am nuts but to work this hard and feel like I have succeeded will be such an awesome feeling.

I can't wait to share with all of you the news on whether the dress fits or not. I will try to write a post the Monday after the wedding and of course I will have pictures. Wish me luck!


7 comments:

Shelley said...

Good luck with the dress - I'm sure it will fit and you will look fab-u-lous in it!!!

Lora said...

Here's hoping the dress fits!!! I can't wait to come back Monday and hear how it goes! :o) Keep up the good work.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Good luck with the dress. You look great.

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Good luck with the dress!!!! You can do it!

2Bmeagain said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see the pictures of you in the dress!

Slomack said...

I'm so hoping it fits and you're comfortable in it!

Even if it is a wee bit tight, I'd say this is an unmitigated success: If you had bought the dress size you were wearing when you ordered the dress, you'd be swimming in it now. If you had bought the dress even one size smaller it would STILL be too big. You've come a long way, and you need to celebrate that!!

(Oh, and have you considered spanx or something like that? While not the most comfortable stuff ever, it might help with fit...).

Mama Bear June said...

You have been working so hard and are making great progress. And you look so wonderful, hope the dress is the shape of your new and improved self! ;-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin