Friday, August 7, 2009

Water, Water, Water


Lately I have been thinking about how much water I drink. I probably drink 100 or more ounces a day.
Before I started my weight loss I was lucky if I drank 16oz or anything in a day. I used to be the type of person that as soon as I got a stomach virus I ended up in the hospital because I was always so dehydrated to begin with and then the virus usually through me over the edge. Being dehydrated is miserable. It plays with your mind.

I am really glad I am no longer that person. I don't even need to force myself to drink anymore. It is funny how quickly you can pick up a new habit.

I wanted to share with you some reasons to drink a lot of water:

Check out this article about 5 reason to drink water.

1. It's Free.
2. Helps your skin look better.
3. Lose Weight - drinking more water helps you burn more calories.
4. Cure Muscle spasms, fatigue, back pain, and headaches by drinking water.
5. Helps with digestion.
6. Reduce the risk of Heart Disease.
7. Water helps energize your muscles and prevent muscle fatigue. Check out this article.


I definitely agree with all of the statements above. I have noticed such a difference in the way I feel and look since I started drinking more water.

I hope this makes you want to drink tons of water!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Yesterday I had an awesome omelet for breakfast that I wanted to share with you. I found Turkey Sausage breakfast links at Aldi last week for about $.89. I bought a few boxes because I have never seen them their before and they are so expensive at the regular grocery store. I am very happy that I did because they are great! They are about 1 P a piece. I figured it out to be 3 link for 3 P's.



Anyway, back to the omelet. I cut up two sausage links and put them in an egg beater (off brand) omelet. I also cut up a whole onion and fried it in a very little amount of Olive Oil and added 1/8 of a cup of 2% shredded cheddar cheese. It was so good!






And today I did a egg white scramble. I fried an onion and 1/2 of a red pepper in a little olive oil and then added it to egg beaters , 1/8 cup of 2% cheese and Hot Sauce. I haven't eaten it yet but it smells great.








For some reason I am on an egg kick. I think it is probably a good thing for me to eat a big breakfast before I go to the gym and meet with the trainer. I am leaving in about an hour to meet with her. My muscles are starting to feel a little better. I will let you know how it goes today.


What is your favorite Egg White Breakfast Combination?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there-

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog. I just had a baby in June & I am trying to lose weight. I found your blog one night & I love all your recipes & tips!! Then I saw your camping post & realized you must live in PA too! Just wanted to say that you are doing a great job & thank you for sharing your weight loss journey:)

Becca said...

I love my eggs in breakfast burritos. Its easy just make some scrambled eggs (or egg scramblers) add some salsa and either black or kidney beans and eat on whole wheat tortillas. I love to add cheddar cheese, but its still good without.

Of course, I am pregnant and eggs just gross me out. But, I will have to look into those turkey sausage links. Hopefully I can eat those without heartburn, unlike regular sausage.

Hattie said...

I've started drinking a lot of water lately too! I found this eco friendly water bottle with a straw at wal-mart on clearance for like $2. It's my new best friend! Your breakfast looks yummy. I eat mine w/ seasoning called "Tony's". It's a creole seasoning here in the south, it's good on everything!

Angie said...

I like an egg white omelet with spinach, onions, and mushrooms, and 2 slices of Canadian bacon. It is so awesome. Sometimes I add salsa to it. I love it. Great job on your journey. I am trying to lose weight too and you are a wonderful inspiration to me. Thank you. God Bless!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks guys for all of the awesome egg ideas! They all sound great. Hattie, I need to get some of that Tony's seasoning. It sounds sooo good!

Anonymous,
Thank you so much for your kind comment. It is really nice to know that someone in PA is reading my blog. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Maybe someday we will run into each other. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin