Friday, August 7, 2009

Today's Lunch

My lunch was wonderful today. My Trainer told me to stick with a very low carb/ High Protein diet for the next 6 days to cleanse my system. I guess the high protein helps when you are strengthening muscles and reducing carbs will help me to lose the fat quicker. I think that is what she said. :)

When I got home from the gym I made myself a salad. I put three ounces of chicken, 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, a small apple chopped and some Kraft Light Parmesan Asiago Balsamic Vinaigrette (reduced fat). I am not usually a fan of Kraft reduced fat/fat free dressing but this one I love. It is perfect with a salad with apples and nuts.








My salad was huge and very filling. It took me about a half hour to eat it. I also had a little watermelon while I was cutting it up. It was such a satisfying lunch with lots of protein.


My workout with the trainer was great today. I am starting to feel the muscles in my stomach getting sore. I am excited about this because I really need to lose that baby belly. My daughter is over a year and I think it is about time I get rid of it.

I also did intervals on the elliptical after I was done with the trainer. It was a little harder for me to do after my 30 minutes of training but I did the whole thirty minutes that I had planned. Boy did I work up a sweat today. I remember when I used to hate to sweat. Now it feels like an accomplishment when I do. Yea for sweat! :)

Do you eat High Protein/Low Carbs meals? What is your favorite?



3 comments:

Becky said...

I've never eaten fruit on my lettuce salad. I'm intrigued by the idea but just haven't been able to bring myself to try it. Does look good though!

I'm So Pretty said...

Lost more than 60 lbs eating low carb/high protein and have kept it off. definitely a good way of eating :) Congrats on all the hard work you're putting in!!!!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Becky,
You really should try it with apples or pears. You will be pleasantly surprised at how well it goes togeher. My sister got me hooked on it a few months ago and now it is my favorite way to have a salad.

I'm So Pretty,
Thanks for the sweet comment! I hope I can do as well as you on the low carb/high protein diet. Congrats!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin