Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today's The Day!

Today's the day! The day that I will be wearing that watermelon pink dress (that I ordered two sizes to small) down the isle. I am excited and very nervous. I am excited to wear a beautiful dress with this new body of mine but I am really nervous because I still feel like that bigger person sometimes. When I walk down that isle I am afraid that I am going to feel like the old me in a bright pink dress. It doesn't help that the bride and matron of honor are like a size 2 if that. :)

The rehearsal dinner went wonderful last night. We had a great time and the food was excellent. I have been eating salads with chicken and tuna on them so much the past few days that I was just excited to have real food. We had Chicken Marsala, Ham with pineapple slices, "real" mashed potatoes, sauteed zucchini and squash and a wonderful salad with cranberries, walnuts and a poppy seed dressing that was definitely full fat. :) And then there was dessert! All kinds of mini cakes and cheesecakes. I tried one of each. I think there were five or six different kinds. I can't remember the last time I ate that much. I definitely paid for it last night. My stomach was killing me.

I wore my new dress last night and loved it. It fit so well and I felt very comfortable in it. The heels on my shoes were another story. Boy did my feet ache when I got home. Here are some pictures from last night.



Me and the Bride








I will be off to get my hair and makeup done in just a few short hours. I am very excited about that. I have never had my makeup done professionally before. Then it is off to the wedding. Please pray that it doesn't rain to much today. High heals and wet grass are not a good combination.

I am really praying that the dress fits me well and I feel comfortable in it. I guess I will find out in a few hours. I will try to post some pics tomorrow.

I want to say thank you to all of my followers for all of your support. Your comments and emails are all so sweet. I just wanted to say thank you and let you know how much it means to me to have all of you cheering me on.


4 comments:

Cheri said...

You look absolutely incredible! Hope you have a great time tomrorow!

2Bmeagain said...

You look beautiful in your new dress! Can't wait to see the pics from the wedding. Hope you had a blast!

operationmuffintop said...

Just found your blog through blog-hopping! :)
I *LOVE* your dress!!! You look fabulous in it!! :) And the rehearsal dinner sounds scrumptious!! Yum!!

2Bmeagain said...

I have given you a blog award. Congratulations!

Check it out at

http://noweighivedoneitagain.blogspot.com/2009/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin