Friday, August 14, 2009

The Most AMAZING Meatloaf Ever!

Make sure you read to the bottom of this post!


I finally made the Turkey Meatloaf last night. If you missed the post with the recipe click here. I'm not kidding when I say it was the best tasting meatloaf that I have ever had. I really have never had anything like it before. My husband and daughter agree with me also. My daughter said "Mommy, this is so much better then the kind you usually make.". Kids are too funny. My husband said he wouldn't mind if I made that again. Coming from him that is a complement. :)

I will tell you that I didn't completely follow the recipe. I used lean ground beef instead of Turkey because that was what I had. I also only used 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/2 cup of raw oatmeal instead of the 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs (I doubled the recipe). And instead of eggs I used 1/2 cup of egg whites.

Here's the full recipe that I used. This will be the only meatloaf I ever cook again. I am so excited to have found such a good tasting, low fat,easy recipe.


The Most AMAZING Meatloaf Ever!

2 lbs. Lean Hamburger
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup of raw oatmeal
salt and pepper
1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup of ketchup

Mix ingredients together and lay about half of it in a big pan (I used a cake pan). Put 6 low fat string cheese sticks on top. Then cover with remaining hamburger mixture. I squirted a little zig-zag of ketchup on top and baked for about 45 min. to an hour. Half the time covered with foil.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I have a little surprise coming next week! I will be doing another giveaway. I am so excited. Check back next week to see what it is and how to enter. :)


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin