Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crazy Carb Cravings


I forgot how bad cravings can get when you deprive yourself of something. I did great yesterday with the Carb thing. The only carb I had was an ear of corn on the cob fresh from my in-laws garden.


This was my lunch. It was amazing! The fresh tomatoes are what made it so good.

Sorry about the date on the pic. I just put new batteries in my camera and forgot to change the date.



I even did Level 2 of Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred yesterday morning. I forgot how difficult it is but I did feel like I got a good workout when I was done. I think it is going to be good for me to do on the days that I don't meet with the trainer. Maybe that and a nice interval walk.

And back to the Crazy Carb Cravings. Like I said I did so good yesterday and then I went to bed around 10pm last night and all I could think about was the yellow cake with chocolate icing that my Mother-In-Law sent home for my husband and daughter. This is where the crazy part comes in. I layed in bed thinking about that cake (and fighting the urge) until 12:30am. I really tried to fight it and just go to sleep but my body/mind would not go to sleep. I was so tired by that point that I went downstairs and ate a piece of the cake in hopes that I would be able to sleep afterwords. At that point I didn't care about the no carbs. I was just so tired. After I ate the first piece of course I wanted to eat the other two but I stopped my self at one. Then I went back up to bed and right to sleep.

How crazy is that. I couldn't sleep because I wanted a piece of cake. Sometimes I hate the way my body works. I guess it is like any withdrawal. Very difficult.

Has anyone else gone through this? How did you get past the carb withdrawel?



4 comments:

Shelley said...

I wonder if that was actually a carb craving, or a sugar craving? All I can say, is that I've been there, done that - and all you can do is move forward! Have a great day today!

biz319 said...

Like Shelley, I've been there, done that. Don't worry about it and just move on.

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I know that when I was doing a very low carb diet for a month, the first one-two weeks were horrible, but then my body was used to it and it wasn't so bad, I didn't have the cravings. The only thing that worked for me was sugar free gum. Good luck!

Lucrecia said...

Love the new blog look!

As for the craving, the first week or so are HARD, but then its no problem at all!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin