I had another great week. It was so nice to go away and visit my family and come back weighing the same as when I left. That doesn't usually happen. My family loves to eat! I was very careful with what I put in my mouth. I did eat a little more then I should have but not enough to make me gain anything.
This morning when I stepped on the scale I was very pleased. The number that I saw was 181.2. I am super excited because I am determined to be in the 170's by next week. It sounds so crazy! I remember not that long ago I was shooting for the 190's. I can't even tell you how excited I am to be where I am. I had hoped to have lost more weight by now but I am definitely not disappointed in myself. I Have Lost 35 Pounds! I just feel so good right now especially when I compare it to he way I felt just a few short months ago.
I am going to post a picture below of me. It is one that I have been hiding from all of you for a really long time. This is the picture that made me start my journey to lose weight. You will understand when you see it. I can still remember the way I felt when I saw this picture. The moment that I realized what size I really was. It was awful. One of the worst feelings I have ever felt. I felt like a failure and I felt like I was going to be fat forever.
This picture was taken on December 28, 2008. Just a few days before I started this journey and "Pudget". Now I can look back and see how far I have come. I can finally show this picture without feeling mortified by the way I looked. I have finally realized that I am no longer that same person. I have grown stronger at the same time as I have grown smaller. :) I am so much more confident then I ever have been before. It is because I realize that I am strong emotionally and physically and that if I put my mind to something I can do it.
I hope this awful picture of me helps others realize that if they put their mind to it they can do it to. It is a lot of work and a lot of times of wanting to give up. The only advice I can give is to just keep trying and never give up. Even if the scale doesn't say what you think it should just push yourself that much harder. It isn't easy but in the long run it is well worth it.
I know I still have a long way to go but I am so thrilled to share with all of you what I have accomplished and that anything is possible if you put your mind to it.
My Week In Review:
1. Exercise: Another great exercise week. I worked with my trainer on Thursday, Friday, and Mon. Then worked out on my own on Tues. and Today. No exercise over the weekend but I did do some dancing at the wedding so I think that might count. :)
2. Track My Points Every Day: I stopped tracking when I went away for the weekend and didn't start back up again until today. I have been tracking in my head which I guess is better then nothing.
4. Water: I drank lots of water.
5. Late night eating: NONE!!! :)
6. Snacking: I ate some snacks while driving to and from NY but other then that I really have cut back on the snacks. I have been realizing that when I eat a lot of protein with my meals I don't crave the snacks as much.
7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate tons of fruits and veggies this week. Again, my favorite fruit for the week is Watermelon. Although I had two fresh picked peaches at my Aunt's house on Tuesday and I didn't want to stop eating them. I really could have eaten 10. They were so good. I forgot how good they are right after they have been picked.
What do I need to do this week?
This is my last week to lose weight and inches before my friends Wedding. I have to be really strict with what I eat and exercise every day. No excuses!