Thursday, August 6, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 31 Weigh In

The only good thing about this week is that I started with my trainer. She is awesome and I am in a lot of pain from all of the new exercises she has me doing. I love the pain of exercising. I know I am weird but the pain helps me to remember all of the work I have been doing and it also reminds me to watch what I eat.


On the down side I am still at 186 this week. I am very discouraged because I have been doing very good since Monday. Last week is kind of a blur but I didn't think I did that awful.


I am going to try not to feel to discouraged because I am back to tracking my points every day and I know that this is going to help me with the weight loss. I am also back to exercising which I am super excited about. I will be working with my trainer 3 days a week until the end of the month. After my workout with my trainer I have been doing about a half hour on the elliptical. This will help me lose some fat. :) My trainer also suggested doing ten minutes on the treadmill and then switch to the bike just to switch things up a bit.



My Week In Review:


1. Exercise:I started exercising again on Tuesday. I know it didn't help me to much for today's weigh in but I am sure it will help me with the weeks to follow.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I finally got back to tracking my points every day. I really need to continue this to be successful.

4. Water: I drank lots of water.

5. Late night eating: I had one night that I woke up at midnight and ate three leftover cookies from the bridal shower.

6. Snacking: I found some inexpensive healthy snacks at the grocery store this week. So I have had a nice variety to chose from.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I am loving the fresh fruit this summer. I have really kept my house stocked with it. Actually, yesterday I was at a local amusement park and I had a grilled chicken sandwich for lunch and instead of fries I ordered a huge container of fresh fruit. It tasted wonderful and was so refreshing because it was so hot.




What do I need to do this week?


I need to continue to track my points every day (Very Important). I also need to not only work with my trainer but also exercise on my off days. My trainer suggested interval walking, biking or Jillian Micheals.



I would love to hear about how you did this week and what worked best for you.


5 comments:

Superjaxster said...

You're doing great! I've been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs for the last month. :( I'll get it someday!
I've tagged you! Come visit and play along when you have a chance!

Nerd Girl said...

weight training, and having sore muscles, can often mess with the scales because your muscles retain a lot of water especially when they are worked hard. They use the water to help repair them, and that could cause your weight to stay the same or even rise, but it does NOT mean that you aren't losing fat. Losing weight and losing fat are two different ball games, and if you are back on track with food and working out, then you will most definitely lose FAT even if you aren't losing WEIGHT. great job!!

Kristin said...

Way to go with the personal trainer! I'm sure the person will teach you a lot. Then you'll feel comfortable using the equipment and not wonder if you are doing it right. I know when I had a membership to the gym I always felt weird b/c I was unsure of how to use things.
Anyway, wish I lived closer to go to the gym with you! You look great- remember about all of my dresses you can borrow in a few weeks! That should be some motivation!

Pubsgal said...

You *are* doing great! And you know, sometimes starting up a workout routine or working extra hard will put on a little water weight as your muscles rebuild. If you have not done so yet, start taking your body measurements on a monthly basis, so you can see the difference. My progress down the scale has slowed quite a bit as I'm getting closer to goal, but my measurements keep changing as I develop more muscle and tone. (I still have some more fat to lose, but I'm seeing good stuff emerging, too!) Hang in there, it's worth it!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I have such a hard time tracking each day but I must do it. You are during great. I bet this trainer is going to be great for you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin