Monday, August 31, 2009

40 Pounds Less In My Watermelon Pink Dress!!!

I did it! I lost 40 pounds since January 1st, 2009. It is so hard to believe. I am so proud of myself. The best part is that people are finally starting to notice that I lost some weight. For the past 8 months not many people have noticed that I was losing weight and it was a little frustrating. Now, it seems like all of the sudden everyone is noticing. It seems like everywhere I go someone is either telling me how good I look or asking if I lost weight. I'm loving it. It was so worth all of the hard work.



My favorite question. How did you do it? So funny! I tell them I ate less and exercised a lot. I love that question. :) I know I still have a long way to go with my weight loss journey but at least I can enjoy the rest of it. It was honestly miserable for the longest time. It was hard to keep myself thinking positively because I wasn't seeing much of a difference and neither was anyone else. Those were the hard times. The times that I struggled to eat healthy. I times when I was wondering if it was really worth it. I can tell you now it was so worth all of it!



Now to the wedding. The big question was "Will I fit in my dress?". The Answer is...











Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It fit! I couldn't believe it. It really fit. I was on such a high that day. To know that I lost forty pounds and that I fit into this beautiful watermelon pink dress (that I ordered 2 sizes to small). What a dream come true. It was such a wonderful feeling. I can't even explain it in words. When I looked in the mirror after the wedding I almost cried. I just remembered everything from the past 8 months. I remembered what I looked like back then and what it felt like to be forty pounds heavier. I realized that I feel like a new person. When I was forty pounds heavier I didn't want anyone to look at me and when people talked to me all I could think about was that they were probably thinking how fat and ugly I was. Now I look back and realize that people weren't thinking that. I just felt so badly about myself that I really believed that everyone else saw me the way I saw myself. I am so glad to not have those thoughts in my head anymore.





















The wedding was absolutely wonderful! Everything about it was amazing and beautiful. We had such a blast. I had a great time dancing and I know that if I wouldn't have lost so much weight I wouldn't have had enough confidence to get up on that dance floor and strut my stuff. :)





One of the best parts of the wedding for me was that I still felt beautiful even standing next to a woman who probably wears a size 2. I didn't think it would be possible for me to feel that way but I did. I felt curvy and beautiful! I think we all need to learn to love our curves. :)




This picture above is a picture of myself, my friend Elizabeth and our daughters. Elizabeth is a great friend who has encouraged me though the past few months. She has been so wonderful to me throughout my entire weight loss journey. She has always been the one to tell me that she could really notice my weight loss even it was only a few pounds since I last saw her. It was so nice to have someone to encourage me along the way. Thank you Elizabeth! You will never know how much your encouragement meant to me throughout the past few months.

The other reason I posted this picture was to show you how beautiful Elizabeth looked at the wedding. In the past few months she has lost more then 25 pounds and she looks amazing. It was so nice to see her all dressed up and feeling so confident. She is living proof that you don't have to be a size two to be beautiful. You looked amazing at the wedding Elizabeth!



I Love This One


This next picture is me and my sister. My sister Heather is also on her own weight loss journey. She just started and has lost almost ten pounds already. Way to go Heather!!! You look great!


This picture is one of me and my daughter. I love how serious she looks.













24 comments:

tracy_944 said...

Congratulations Jessica!

I've been reading your blog for several months now. You are doing great, and look beautiful. Keep up the good work!

-Tracy

Karen said...

Congrats, both you and the dress are gorgeous! I love that color.

Like you I spent a lot of time too worried about what others thought and being down on myself; it's not easy (as you know) so I'm glad we could both turn our attitudes around!

Heather & Chaos said...

Wow! You looked beautiful! Your hard work and dedication really paid off. No slacking now! Keep at it. I LOVE the colors of the wedding! How beautiful it all was!!

Carrie said...

Beautiful! It's sad, but I also love when people started to notice my weight loss. I had 30 pounds to lose after having my baby. They didn't say anything at 10 pounds or 15 pounds lost... but 20 pounds later, they started noticing! I know I should do it just for myself, and I do, but... outside compliments felt great, too. What a fantastic place to showcase your success!

~Carrie {makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com}

Twix said...

FANTASTIC! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D (((hugs)))

Such a wonderful report and those pics are so great! You did it! So happy for you!!!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

You look great. Congrats.

Shelley said...

You look radiant and gorgeous, Jessica! Congrats on fitting into the dress - what a lovely color on you! The pictures are so cute - looks like it was a happy day for all!

Lucrecia said...

You look beautiful and your confidence shows in every picture! You are an inspiration Jessica - congrats and thanks!

Pubsgal said...

Congratulations, Jessica! You look gorgeous! And that dress looks wonderful on you.

I had to chuckle a little about the 40-pound threshold; the same thing happened when I hit the 40 pound mark. I have to admit, I had some mixed feelings about the attention, even though it was very positive. But overall, it was a good thing.

No Fat Chicks said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now. What an inspiration you are....you've encouraged me to get on the plan and get going. You look striking...very beautiful..from the inside out!

Heidi said...

Congrats on rewaching this next milestone! That dress is beautiful, I just love the color.

From Fat to Fit said...

You look AMAZING!! That color and cut are very flattering on you. Way to go! :)

Kristin said...

Yay!!! Love the pics and I enjoy hearing your story all the time...

<3 your favorite sister ;)

2Bmeagain said...

You look beautiful! So glad it turned out to be such a wonderful event for you.

Kat said...

Congratulations. I agree the dress looks fabulous on you, but I think you would have looked great in anything - you have done so well!

Now on to the next goal step.

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!! I am so happy for you!! I have also been losing for 8 months, but I started at 286, so I am just now down to where you were when you started. Hopefully, I'll be in a size 12 soon too!!

abcw1234@yahoo.com

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! You look so wonderful! You have done an amazing job! It is clear you can do anything you set your mind to.

operationmuffintop said...

Congrat's on the 40lbs, you look absolutely beautiful! You're glowing in the pics!!! :) And your daughter is an angel.. sooo sweet!!

Mama Bear June said...

Woohoo! You definitely are beautiful! Glad you felt it, too. We all knew you would be wearing the dress and looking gorgeous. Congrats!

Miz said...

you look so beautiful.
radiant.
HAPPY.


MizFit

Carly said...

great job! you look fantastic.

laurajane said...

Oh wow! You looked so great in the dress! And it sound like you felt wonderful in it as well! And 40 pounds! Congratulations! That's a lot in just 8 months - it does take a lot of work, but you've definitely put in the heart work. It is exiciting when people begin to notice. I almost laugh at the "How'd you do it" questions. Well, I exercised more and I ate less!! It's really not magic. By the way, off topic, I love your blog redesign!

I'm So Pretty said...

YAY!!!! Congrats!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jess, I can't express how much this blog meant to me. You looked beautiful in the wedding. I hadn't seen Heather in a while but I thought that she looked great. I'm so lucky to have such a great friend. I can't wait to see the pictures!!

Elizabeth

Blog Widget by LinkWithin