Monday, July 6, 2009

My Exciting Weekend!

I'm sorry I haven't been around in a couple days. My husband had off work on Friday, Sat. and Sunday because of the Holiday so we were very busy.





This is what we did on Friday.



















We bought a minivan!!!












I am so excited. Look at the picture below and you will know why. This is me putting the kids in their car seats in our two door car. Not fun! We have needed a van for a while and just couldn't afford it. So now you can see why I am so thrilled to have a minivan. No more crawling in a two door car and stretching to get the kids buckled up. Honestly I'm not sure how I fit in the back seat to do it. It was worse when I was 9 months pregnant. So embarrassing! I told my husband that there is probably an imprint of my butt in the back of the drivers side seat. :) I'm so glad those days are over and I hope they make me appreciate my new van more.




This of course was the most exciting part of the weekend but we also went to three picnics. I am so picnicked out. I decided to bring the same side dish to each picnic. I think you will all love it. I really wish I would have taken a picture. I got the idea from Panara Bread. They make an awesome low fat Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad. It is Romain Lettuce, Mandarin oranges, Strawberry's (quartered), pineapple tidbits, blueberries, whole pecans and fat free poppy seed dressing. It is so easy to make. You just throw a little of everything on top of the lettuce, pour on the dressing and mix up. It was a big hit at all three picnics and I was able to enjoy something that was low fat and tasted great.
What Low-Fat sides did you bring/serve at your picnics this weekend?



7 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations on the new minivan! It looks so shiny and new - what a great thing for your entire family!

And may I just say, Miss J, that you are looking fab-u-lous?!? The picture of health and fitness!!!

Heidi said...

Mmm I love that salad. It's a favourite around here. Though I've never tried it with pineapple, blueberry & pecans (oh yum Pecans!!). I have tried it with slice almonds though and that is good. Will have to try your additions.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats on the mini van. I can't wait to get one.

Angie said...

Good for you on getting the minivan. We're in need of one too...I have 3 boys and putting all of them in car seats in my 4 door car can be stressful:(

You seem so happy! Your doing a great job!!!!!

Big Girl said...

So much room! Nice...

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you putting your kids into the two door car. I thought I was the only one left who did that. I agree that getting someone in that backseat when you're 9 months pregnant IS NOT FUN. We finally gave in and bought a small SUV just a month before #2 arrived - had to wait until we moved out of our condo so we had somewhere to put it!

Mama Bear June said...

I love that salad at Panera Bread!!!!

Congrats on the new wheels.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin