Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I can't believe I am posting this picture!






Yep, that's me in my bathing suit. I wasn't going to post these pictures because I was embarrassed but then I decided that I have been honest and shared everything about my weight loss journey so far. So why change that now.


This is what I look like in a bathing suit at 183 pounds. I know some of you may be thinking that I don't look good enough to be posting this picture on the Internet but to tell you the truth I am very proud of the way I look. I know I don't look perfect and I still have a lot of work ahead of me but I have worked so hard to get to where I am and I am very proud of myself.


Don't get me wrong. I am not saying look how great I look. I am just saying that I have come a long way and I just have to keep reminding myself of that. If I don't remind myself of this daily then I just get discouraged because I am not at the weight that I want to be.


You are probably wondering why I would post a picture of myself in a bathing suit on my blog. Yes, I am a little crazy but I really wanted to do it to show others that you don't need to be ashamed of your body just because it isn't as "perfect" as the one's in the magazines. We are all different shapes and sizes and there is nothing wrong with that.







P.S. One good thing that happened last week was that when I put my bathing suit on to go swimming it was to big to wear. I ended up having to wear the one that I had in a smaller size. It's not my favorite suit (not enough support) but I was so excited about the other one being to big that I didn't really care.


27 comments:

Nerd Girl said...

i think you look great! you really do! and it shows how far you have come since your before picture! keep it up!

Jenn said...

RIGHT ON!

spunkysuzi said...

You look awesome and how nice is it that you feel so comfortable with yourself!!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy following your blog! Just happened across this quote today, and I think it sums up just what you're trying to say in this post...

"My favorite tip? I look at myself in the mirror and say, 'I like where I'm headed, but I'm not there yet!'"

I am right there with you on this journey. Started out at 235 in January, now at 170! Way to go with your success so far...Keep striving toward that goal!!!

~ Jennifer Bennett

Anonymous said...

You look great! Keep it up.

MamaFeelgood said...

This is a very brave thing you are doing. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Just remember that for every person you look at and wish you looked like, there's one looking at you and wishing the same thing.

choosinglosing said...

WOot woot! Cute suit! You look fabulous and IN THE MOMENT! Hope you had a great time!

Shelley said...

I love your confidence! And you look great in that swimsuit - you go, girl!!!

jo said...

I think you look fantastic!!

Meredith@MerchantShips said...

I think you look great! You have a lot to be proud of!

cmoursler said...

I think that is an good photo. Tobe honest, I thought you were in a shorts outfit. Of course, I live in colorado and a lot of the girls around here wear less than that to the mall. You look nice, happy and healthy. As to what others think you should or shouldn't do, I say phhhhhht.

MizFit said...

you do look great.
we had many conversations this past weekend at the blogher conference about how HARD it is for women to say nice things about themselves.
one of the big reasons many women stated was fear.
they feared someone coming alone and saying (for example) YOU THOUGHT THAT WAS A GREAT POST?! REALLY???

they feared someone coming along and telling them they were "wrong" in their confident assertions.

say it sister.

YOU DO LOOK GREAT.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Congrats. I think you look great.

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty! You should be proud of yourself, you look great in bathingsuit, I'm proud of you for not hiding indoors and instead getting out and enjoying your life!

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU. YOU HAVE MORE CONFIDENCE THAN I WOULD EVER HAVE.

Katie said...

You look fantastic honey! Congrats on the success you've had with weight loss so far!

Anonymous said...

great job...thanks for getting me motivated again.
Jen

DT Hogue said...

You look great - you should be proud of your accomplishments. You have inspired me to start my own blog to track my weight loss as well. Keep up the good work - I check daily for your updates!!

Kimberly said...

You look great! Way to go!

Natalie said...

you look great!!! i actually posted me in a swimsuit this week too. not perfect but i am proud of where i am and the journey that is ahead!

Susan said...

You look great whether others would think so or not. You have worked so hard and I am so proud of you! Girlfriend, you are STRONG!

Susan

girlsmama said...

Fabulous! Good for you.

Pubsgal said...

Are you kidding? You look gorgeous! I especially love the one in which you're smiling and have your baby on your hip. Way to go, and congrats on your progress so far!

Heather said...

they are right. You look great! Proud of you!

Mama Bear June said...

You DO look great! And you deserve to be proud of the progress you have made. And hooray for the other suit being too big!

biz319 said...

You are beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

You look amazing! Woohoo!!! I wish I had your courage to sport my bathing suit with as much grace and confidence as you!!! You go girl!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin