Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fast Food On A Diet

Many people believe that they can not eat fast food if they are on a diet. I have realized that with the nutritional information that is listed on the Internet for these fast food restaurants anything is possible.

For instance today I was running lots of errands before we go camping and realized that it was 1pm and I hadn't fed my kids. My daughter wanted McDonald's but I find their chicken nuggets are way to expensive. So I decided that we could go through the Burger King Drive Thru and pick up a few things and bring them home.

We like to order off of the dollar menu to save a little money. We also save money buy taking our food home and drinking what we have at the house or taking sippy cups for the girls/water for myself and eat in the car. This also saves a couple dollars.

Today we ordered a four piece nugget, a 2pk Burger Shots, $1.00 Onion Rings, $1.00 french fries and a Whopper Jr. no mayo or cheese. Our total came to $5.78 and we brought it home and had a nice lunch. Of course it wasn't the most healthy lunch but it is a nice treat every once in a while.

My daughters ate the nuggets, burger shots, fries and two of the onion rings. I ate the Whopper Jr. and the rest of the onion rings.

I did learn a very important lesson today. Don't eat the Zesty dipping sauce that comes with the onion rings. I absolutely love that stuff. I could lick it out of the container. Between you and me I really do use my finger to get every last bit out. I know it is kind of gross but it is so addicting. Today I actually put the extra on top of my Whopper Jr. Anyway, the point I am getting to is that the sauce is more points then the actual onion rings. It's crazy. Of course I didn't realize this until I ate every last bit of the sauce.


Besides the sauce I did pretty well point wise. The Whopper was 6 P's and the Onion Rings were 3 P's. And the sauce was a whopping 4 P's. Isn't that nuts? All in all it wasn't to bad. It was a 13 P lunch which sounds like a lot but I only had watermelon for breakfast so I ate 1/2 my P's between breakfast and lunch. Not to bad.


I am loving that I can eat almost anywhere and find out the nutrition information online. I also think it is great that I can order off of the Dollar menu at fast food chains and get myself food that tastes good and that I don't have to feel guilty eating. I think $6.00 for a nice little treat is not bad at all.

Here are some of the links that I found for fast food chains nutrition information:

Burger King
McDonald's
Wendy's
Taco Bell
Arby's
KFC

I hope this helps everyone. Let me know if you know of any other fast food chains that list their info online and I will add it to the list.


What is your favorite Low Calorie Fast Food Meal?


3 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Chick-Fil-A - their chargrilled chicken sandwich is only 4pts (w/o) mayo and it's a good size and tasty. Add a side salad with FF dressing and your lunch is about 5 pts and you are full!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

I'm shocked that the onion rings are only 3points that isn't bad at all. I tend to eat at Subway the most. Love the chicken sandwich.

Mama Bear June said...

Chick Fil A got an A+ from the Eat This, Not That authors. None of their sandwiches are over 500 calories and they are TASTY! I LOVED the McD's Asian Chicken salad but they stopped making it! Arby's had a Martha's Vineyard salad that was awesome, too but it's off their menu. :-P

The Calorie King website has most fast food places' nutrition info.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin