Thursday, July 16, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 28 Weigh In

It has been a great week. I ate very healthy all week and I feel great. I think I ate more fruits and veggies this week then I have in the past three weeks. I really feel a difference in my energy level.



My big thing this week was eating lots of Watermelon, grapes and raw almonds as snacks. I was also very careful with my serving sizes at meal time. I think both of these helped.





And the moment you have been waiting for. When I stepped on the scale this morning the number that I saw was 183.5. Wahoo!!! I am super excited. It seemed like my weight was stuck around 190 for the longest time and now I am almost to 180. It is so crazy and exciting. It really has given me that motivation I need to keep moving forward. It is hard when it seems that the scale just won't move or is moving very slowly but if you get over those bumps you will be successful. I think those little bumps in the road are the hardest part of weight loss because you lose motivation when you aren't losing like you thought you would be. Trust me when I say that if you just keep pushing harder the scale will move and you will feel more motivated to keep moving forward.
It is definitely the excitement of seeing the number on the scale go down that keeps me going. I know that the number on the scale shouldn't be my main motivation but to tell you the truth it is right now. Changes in your size of clothing seem to take forever but it is really nice to see the changes on the scale every week. Just to know that what you are doing is really working.




My Week In Review:

1. Exercise:I went on a walk every day. I used my errands as an excuse to go for a walk. We walked one day to the post office, another day we walked to the library and another day we walked to our cable company to return our box (we decided to cancel cable to save money). Then after our errand each day we walked around town. Also, last night after church my husband and I took the girls and the dog for a walk. It has been really nice to give myself that little bit of time to relax.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I tracked almost every day. I wish I could be like I was in the beginning where I tracked every day. Something that I need to work on.
3. Exercise Points: didn't eat them.

4. Water: I drank lots of water.

5. Late night eating: I was up two nights this week eating. I hate it because I wake up hungry and can't go back to sleep until I eat something. The one night I ate Weight Watchers Coconut chocolate candy and a 100 calorie pringle pack and the other night I ate two candies and 2 100 calorie packs. Luckily I had enough points left for them. I guess it was my body telling me I didn't eat enough that day.

6. Snacking: I ate so much fruit this week it is crazy. I have been craving Watermelon and grapes. It's definitely not a bad thing. I also snacked on the Weight Watchers Chocolate's that are way to good. I don't think I will buy them again because I can't control myself. Another great snack this week were the 100 calorie Pringle sticks.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate a lot of salad and a lot of fruit this week.




What do I need to do this week? Get in tons of exercise when I am camping. It is the only way to counteract those S'mores and hot dogs that I will be eating daily. ;)




My plan for the week is to come back from camping (in 9 days) and be in the 170's. Now that would be awesome. That is my goal. It might sound crazy to lose that much weight while camping but I am really going to work my butt off exercising those 9 days. I know I can do it!




How did you do this week?


6 comments:

Becca said...

Good luck with the weight loss while camping! I have typically lost weight while camping just because I am doing stuff all day. Even the 'recreation' of swimming burns calories. In my experience, summer camping leads to lots of swimming and less snacking since there isn't a fridge.

Anonymous said...

I'm on a roll lately too, and I'm so happy for you!!! Have a great camping trip, and look out 170's!

Julie Gillen said...

Great job! You have inspired me to start WWOnline, and I signed up a week ago - love reading your blog and getting your tips, advice, etc. Have a great time camping!

Kristin and Matt said...

Good job!!!! Matt and I read your blog every couple of days to see how much you've lost. You look great!!!

Lisa said...

You're doing awesome. Do you go to Weight Watcher meetings or do it at home on your own? Keep up the great work. I enjoy reading about your great losses.

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks guys!

Lisa, I am doing Weight Watcher's online. It is more affordable for me right now. I have done the meetings in the past and I love them.

Jessica

Blog Widget by LinkWithin