Thursday, July 9, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 27 Weigh In

Great week...Rough weigh in. I had a great week. I ate really well and tracked my points. I was really excited for today's weigh in because I really feel like I can see a difference in my weight. Unfortunately to my surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning it said 186. This is a .4 loss for the week. I know I shouldn't be upset or complain but I really was expecting a 2lb loss for the week. I really did that well. I am hoping it is because it is that time of the month.



Either Way it was pretty depressing and discouraging. I worked so hard and the scale isn't showing it. Very Frustrating! I really want to be in the 170's soon and it is just not looking like it is going to happen.





My Week In Review:

1. Exercise:: I had a lot of exercise this week. Not my usual gym exercise but instead we were on the move non-stop since Friday. Between picnics, visiting the in-laws, getting ready for jewelry parties and our camping trip the end of next week it has been nuts around here. It's a great kind of nuts but it's been very tiring.

2. Track My Points Every Day:
Almost :)

3. Exercise Points:

4. Water: I drank lots of water.

5. Late night eating: I think I got up once this week and ate a piece of apple spice cake. The worst part is that I'm not sure if it really happened, if it was a dream or if I just wanted to and didn't do it. That's how crazy my week has been. I really need some sleep.

6. Snacking: I got three boxes of Klondike 100 cal ice cream treats on sale at my grocery store. Then I got a coupon for three dollars off my next purchase. It brought the ice cream treats to about $2.00 a box. They are amazing and have been my snacks through out the week.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I think I could have done better with the fruits and veggies this week. I did good just not great.



What do I need to do this week? Exercise, Exercise, Exercise. Actually I am off for a walk right now. It is beautiful out.




My plan for the week is to keep off the weight that I am pretty sure I lost (just not showing yet) and then lose a little more. I am hoping for a 3 pound loss next week. That would bring me to 183. I think I might fall over if I see that number on the scale. It just sounds so low from where I started. :) It's funny, in my head 186 sounds like a lot but 183 sounds good. I guess I'm just odd.



The good thing about this week is that I don't have any picnics planned. That doesn't mean anything around here. There always seems to be a last minute picnic going on.

I hope you all had a wonderful week!


14 comments:

Kelly said...

I cracked up at you not remembering if you really got up and ate some cake or dreamed it. LOL

I bet you lose the weight next week. There have been times when I have gone through the same thing. The weigh in is disappointing because I worked hard but the following one is great.

Someone suggested to me that I cut out the processed stuff. I did it half way one week and dropped some pretty good numbers. Just a thought. :)

JAM said...

I agree with Kelly that cutting out any processed foods you can (and replacing them with whole grains, fruits and veggies) will probably help. And also more exercise, like you said - sometimes the running around like crazy feels like exercise because you get so tired from it, but it's not the same as a real workout. But I also want to say that I totally sympathize, because I've had weeks where I thought I was going to be definitely down, and I wasn't, and also weeks where I was afraid I'd be really up, and I wasn't either. So much can vary with water weight just day to day. It's great you only weigh once a week, to avoid going crazy day to do, but you can easily hit your weigh in on a heavy water day or light water day, and that can definitely make you vary by a few pounds. Hang in there, and be good for another week, and I bet you'll see results for sure. The difference in the two pictures you have up is phenomenal - you are really looking great.

Shelley said...

That blasted scale just isn't always fair - I know it's frustrating when you are on plan and the scale doesn't reflect it. But remember, it's a lifestyle change, so you're making yourself a healthier person overall. That said, here's hoping that the scale gives you the number you want to see next week!

Mama Hen said...

Can you tell me what kind of exercise you do and for how long. I just started WW (again) and have quite a lot to loose. It has been very slow going for me (this is week 9). I am losing, but very slowly. I have done great these past two weeks with eating and exercising so I am looking forward to the weigh in (I think). Someone commented this morning they could tell a difference and I know I feel better, but I like the scale to move!

..Jenny said...

I'm sure it's because it's that time of the month. I almost always GAIN during that time, but I don't worry about it because the next week I always have a big loss.
Just keep working at it and doing what you're doing and the weight WILL come off!

Becca said...

Have you tried Yoga? Its not quite as aerobic as other exercises, but it does have a really relaxing effect which is nice on those crazy weeks. Its not as aerobic as many workouts, so even if I am tired I can usually handle some yoga. Plus I just feel all relaxed afterwards from all those stretching poses. (Oh and FYI I am not a guru or anything, I can't do many of the poses, but still its something)

Georgia Mist said...

Every loss, no matter how small, is a victory.

Put your head up, look forward, and keep moving!

Lisa Meyer said...

I don't know if you have mentioned this before. But how tall are you?

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of the comments and advice. They are very helpful. I do like the idea of cutting out processed foods I just don't know where to start or if I can do it.

Lisa: I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I am 5ft 6in. Kind of average. :)

Rosie said...

My time of the month does this to me too.
Good Luck with your next weigh in!

Sara said...

I have been visiting your blog for a few weeks now and am motivated by your journey. I recently had baby #2 and am striving to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight using WW online. So far, it is going well, but I still have 20lbs to lose :(. Just wanted to say I enjoy your blog!

Terri said...

I really like that you do your "week in review". I think I may start doing that as well. It could be great motivation or it could show me why I didn't do well for the week, if that be the case. Either way, it's a great idea! Keep up the great work!

The Millers said...

I found your blog at the blog party. I liked the name and checked it out. I have been reading it ever since. My husband saw me reading it the other day. He noticed the difference in your before & after pictures. You look great! We have been inspired to lose weight. Thank you! You are doing a great job. Don't get discouraged.

Lisa said...

I'm sure it was due to TOM. It should show extra next week! WTG on the weight you have lost so far!

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin