Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Am I Crazy?

You probably have started to wonder where I have been this week. It has just been really crazy around here. Actually my 1 year old is screaming in my ear as I type. I have actually been really busy getting ready for our 9 day camping trip. We leave in just a few days.

I forgot how much work goes into camping. I just remember the fun relaxing memories I had as a kid. I didn't realize that my parents did all of the work. :) Thanks Mom and Dad! I realize now how much effort they put into all of our camping trips.

I still have so much to do. I have to do laundry tomorrow so that we have clothes to take. At least I have 90% of the food purchased. Just the last minute things to get. Tomorrow we are having a bike hitch put on our van so we can take our bikes with us camping. Why didn't someone tell me that it costs $268 for a hitch to be put on before we bought the bikes. That is crazy. It feels like such a waste of money but we did buy the bikes so that we could take them comping. So we decided to pay the $268 an just get it done.

I bought lots of healthy food for the next 9 days. I really need to stay on track while camping. It is going to be awfully hard. I am so used to eating everything in sight when camping. Those were the good old days. I am definitely going to eat a hot dog over the fire (Hebrew National 99% Fat Free), and a S'more every night I just have to watch everything else I eat. I have to stay away from mindless eating which is so easy to do when camping. I did get healthy snacks like raw almonds, pringles 100 calorie sticks (I love!!), Weight Watcher's coconut chocolate candies (which I ate already :( ), fat free chips, apples, grapes, cantaloupe, watermelon and salad mix. My mom and I are also making chicken salad (for sandwiches), egg salad, tuna salad and broccoli salad all with fat free Miracle Whip. I am also make pasta salad with fat dressing, smart start pasta, turkey pepperoni and 2% cheese chunks.

I think I am going to have plenty of healthy food around. I just need to not eat to much of it and stay away from the TastyKakes and Fudge Shop Cookies. :)

I think I will do fine. It is going to be a lot of work for me taking two kids and a dog camping. I am starting to feel a little crazy at the thought of doing it. I will definitely be burning lots of calories chasing the kids around. We plan to get a lot of exercise in. Between walking, biking and hiking I should have enough points left at the end of the day for a hot dog and a S'more.

It is definitely going to be an interesting week. I just hope I can relax a little bit.

I just realized that I am going to miss my first weigh-in in twenty some weeks. Sorry guys. I will update you when we get back. I really hope the scale likes me that day



What do you like to eat while you are camping? I would love to hear some new ideas.


3 comments:

Who I Am said...

Good luck camping! It sounds like you are more than prepared, so I'm sure you'll rock it.

By the way, you look wonderful in your latest comparison picture.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Have fun camping. I love smores when camping. My husband was a boy scout and likes to go all out cooking. HE tends to cook steaks and lobsters.

Superjaxster said...

We love foil meals. We pile in lots of different things and just wrap it in foil and throw it in the fire for about 45 mins (give or take) I did chicken pounded really thin once with a little light ranch dressing, FF mexican cheese and potatoes sliced thin. I think salsa would have tasted good on top too. We've done "Campers Delight" as well which is one of my faves. I'll find the actual recipe...lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin