Friday, June 26, 2009

What I Eat



I thought I would share with you a little of what I ate yesterday. I forgot to take pictures of my dinner and snack in the evening.

I am so excited because I tried one of the oatmeal recipes that I was given in my breakfast post.







Breakfast - Oatmeal with PB2 and milk chocolate bits and light toast with ICBINB spray


To tell you the truth I had to force it down. I used oatmeal, 1TBSP of PB2 and 1TBSP of chopped milk chocolate. When I tried it I didn't like the taste so I added some Splenda and then I was able to eat it. I really thought I would love it because of the chocolate and peanut butter combination but for some reason I just didn't. It was kind of salty and I was expecting it to be sweet. I dipped my light toast (with I Can't Believe It's not butter Spray) in it and was able to eat about half of it. Maybe I have to try a different combination of ingredients?



Lunch: Romain Lettuce w/tomato and a sprinkle of 2% cheese w/ Ken's Raspberry Walnut Dressing, Morning Star Buffalo Wings and Watermelon.

This was a great lunch. The Morning Star Buffalo Wings are amazing. I found them on sale last week and decided to give them a try. They are a must try! The Watermelon was so refreshing on a hot day and the salad was kind of a filler.




Afternoon Snack: Cherry Cheesecake Fluff

I used to make this when I was on Weight Watchers in the past. I brought this to my families Father's Day Picnic and it needed to be finished off. You mix 1 package of fat free cream cheese with 1 tub of fat free cool whip and 1 can of sugar free cherry pie filling. It is delish!

After that my day got a little crazy and I forgot to take pictures but before dinner I had a smoothie which I shouldn't have had right before dinner. It was 1 cup of fat free milk, 2TBSP of fat free/sager free chocolate pudding mix, 1/4 cup of Splenda, 1TBSP of PB2, 1/3 of a frozen banana and 6 ice cubes.

Dinner: 1 Soft taco shell (those things are killers if you don't get the low fat one's). That baby had 150 calories, 7 grams of fat and 0 fiber. I put 1/4 cup of lean taco meat, a sprinkle of 2% cheese, lettuce, tomato and taco sauce. I also had 1/4 cup of white rice and 1/4 cup of fat free refried beans (I love refried beans. I think I could eat them every day)

.

I was feeling kind of down before bed last night and of course felt the need to munch. I hate when I do this. I had 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers. I wish I would have read the nutrition info before I ate 15 of them. It turned out to be 3 servings.

I hope you all enjoyed getting a glimpse of what I eat.

Jessica



10 comments:

Mama Hen said...

I started WW eight weeks ago and the weight has been very slow coming off. When I did WW about four years ago it came off quicker so I have been a little discouraged. I have been reading some of your past posts and have been encouraged by your honesty about it all. Thanks for the great job!

Momma Bear said...

thanks for sharing this. The fluff will be on my menus very shortly.

unathleticrunner said...

Is there a brand of the low fat soft shells that you recommend that are good? A lot of the low fat ones I get fall apart!
:)Kristin

Penny said...

I love your blog!! I actually thought about starting one much like it, but haven't gotten around to it. So, I'm going to enjoy yours. Just wanted to share a few things.

Two breakfast ideas for you:

Special K Protein Bars. They're like eating a candy bar for breakfast. I don't know the points value, but they fit as a Nutrisystem Breakfast Entree - If I remember correctly, it's about 170 calories and 12 grams of protein. My favorite flavor is Chocolate P-nut butter.

Hungry Girl has a great, easy-to make muffin recipe. It's called Peacy Keen muffins, 1 point per muffin. Tried to attach a link, but couldn't get it to work. It'll show up if you Google it.

If you have an Aldi Store near you, check out their Fit&Active Wraps. 90 cals 9g of Fiber, 9g of Protein, and less than $3 for 6 wraps.

Nerd Girl said...

add a half of a banana to your oatmeal and i think you will like it MUCh better.

JAM said...

Maybe you have a super sweet tooth, but why not have an apple and a low fat mozzarella cheese stick for snack, or some veggies with hummus, or something that will up your amounts of fruits and veggies for the day rather than putting more processed stuff in your body? Especially when you can get lots of nice fresh stuff from now till fall!

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for posting what you are eating and what you like. I am into day four of my diet and am already looking for some good things to eat that is filling. I love the haystack cookies but am going to try them without the PB and with chocolate or chocolate and caramel chips. The PB is pretty high in calories. I wanted to try the cereal but our Walmart doesn't have it. Hopefully I can find it soon. So I got just the regular Kashi Go Lean Crunch. I will have to try the fluff stuff soon as well.
Would it be alright to post your link on my blog? I want to share with my readers who is inspiring me. Thank you.

Susan www.sandlappersue.blogspot.com

biz319 said...

I haven't thought of those morning star farms buffalo nuggets in ages! Thanks for the reminder -

Have a good weekend Jessica!

Melisa said...

Yummmm. Thanks for the new smoothie idea! I love making them w/ frozen and fresh fruit, fat free yogurt and Trop 50 OJ. As much as I love peanut butter I can't believe I've not thought to put PB2 in w/ my frozen naners! I'm doing low carb til next WI (Wed) but am certain this chocolate/banana smoothie will be a first when I get back to WW.

You look FANTASTIC in your new updated pic too. Congrats on making it this far!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks so much for all of the great advice!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin