Friday, June 5, 2009

Tuna Patties


I tried a new recipe last night. It was called Tuna Croquettes. I posted about this recipe a few months ago and I finally decided to try it.

They were excellent. This is the original recipe. I actually played with it a little bit and this is what I came up with.

These patties were so filling and I could eat two with out feeling guilty. They wer also very inexpensive and easy to make. They were so good that I had the leftovers for lunch today.

Tuna Patties (because they reminded me of Salmon patties rather then croquettes).

12 oz can albacore tuna in water, drained
2 cups of Fiber One cereal (our grocery store now has its own brand of fiber one.)
8 egg whites
4 green onions chopped
4 tsp dijonaise
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Place fiber One in blender and chop to breadcrumb consistency or pound in zip lock bag.

Line baking sheets with wax paper/pam and form tuna into 8 mounds on paper. let it sit at room temp for 15 min.

Coat the mounds or patties with Fiber One crumbs and cook in skillet sprayed with PAM. About 3 min. on each side.

I served them with homemade tarter sauce (fat free mayo and relish). YUM!

Made 9 cakes


2 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm totally trying this one out!

Anonymous said...

This looks super delicious! Thank you for sharing!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin