Friday, June 26, 2009

Today's Breakfast Was So Good!

Today's breakfast was so good. Again I took some advice from the comments on my breakfast post (found here). Several people mentioned that they eat egg beaters for breakfast and this morning an omlet sounded good.

So I got out my egg substitute from Aldi (1/4 cup = 30 calories/0 Fat)(I used 3/4 of a cup), a red onion that I sliced and sautaed in PAM, chopped tomatoes (leftover from out tacos last night), 4 slices of Healthy One's Ham (7 slices are a serving but that was a bit much for an omlet) and my store brand hot sauce.



And This Is What I Made:









It was a little hard to flip but other then that it was perfect. I ate it with two slices of light bread with ICBINB Spray. It was so filling and really hit the spot. I ate it at 8:30am and it held me over until 1pm.


Thanks again to everyone who left comments on my breakfast post. I found all of the comments so helpful and I am really enjoying trying so many new things.


Jessica


7 comments:

Kate said...

That omelet looks delicious! I'm craving cauliflower like a madwoman right now, so that's my breakfast today, but I think an omelet is on my menu for tomorrow!

Kat said...

I love omelets because you can make it different every day if you want - plain, cheese (ff or lf) varieties of veggies, chopped ham, canadian bacon, MSF crumbles ...... endless. I try to have one at least once a week.

Anonymous said...

I thought I would share a yummy low point meal.
I was so full...I almost could not finish it.
Chicken fajita pita
wheat pita 2 pts
3 oz chicken mixed in fajita marinade (store bought) 3pts
red and green peppers and onions steamed with the cx mixture
1/4 regular cheese 3pts
topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and a salsa made out 1 can ro-tel with cilantro and jalapenos mixed with 1 can of black beans. i used 1 pt worth. It had so much flavor all for 9 pts. It could be less if you used light cheese and f/f pita etc.

Cassandra @ Tripping Around The Sun said...

I love eggs with the heat of hotsauce for breakfast too. I also love whole wheat bread toasted with pb and sliced banana or jelly. Holds me forever. I am down a couple pounds but have not been exercising and thats a must for me...your loss is encouraging...love the updated photo...really gives me another kick to get off my hiney, dust off the seat of my pants and get back after it...

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for the great recipe!

Angie said...

I just thought I would post this idea for the omelet. You can put the egg beaters, or eggs in a sandwich size ziploc bag and add all your fixings such as cheese, ham , tomatoes, bell pepper, onions, whatever and then you zip the bag and put it the water. You just boil in the bag til they are done. I am not good with how long you need to put them in for just however you like your eggs cooked. I love this idea because then everyone can eat at once and everyone can eat a hot omelet. I am not a breakfast person either, but I do love this breakfast from the South Beach diet book, a poached egg, two pieces of Canadian bacon, and saute spinach and onions. I love it. I can have it for brunch instead of breakfast. I hope that helps. God bless. Angie

salsumetri said...

That looks os good. Going to give this a try tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe Hmmmmmmmm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin