Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Skinny Girls At The Pool

Quick post today. I am taking my girls to the swimming pool at our local amusement park. They have such a nice kiddie swimming pool. My daughter is so excited. I'm not looking forward to putting on my swim suit again but I guess I just have to get over it. Last year when we went to the pool there were three other mother's with their children. They were all super skinny and it made me sick (or should I say jealous :) ). I am hoping that it doesn't happen again. I know it's not their fault but I just feel like crap when everyone around me is skinny. Is that stupid of me to think?

I do feel great today because I really had a great on track day yesterday. I had a crazy busy weekend and ate way to much so it felt good to get back on track. I really need to figure out a way to stay on track over the weekends this summer. Is has been so hard this summer with all of the picnics. It seems like I have at least one every weekend.

Today we are packing a lunch to save a little money. The girls are having peanut butter and jelly and I am having a ham and cheese sandwich (lean ham/2% cheese/light bread/mustard) and a salad with light raspberry walnut dressing. I will probably take some watermelon with us too.

I better finish this post because the girls are waiting. I just had to vent about the skinny girls. Ha Ha.

Do you feel like your self esteem drops when you are surrounded by thin people?


13 comments:

deviledhoney said...

I have been lurking and reading for a while but thought I would comment.
1. the weekends kill me also. my goal is to not stray as far off track as I have been.
2. I am exactly like you when it comes to being surrounded by skinny people. the unfortunate thing is I was that way even at my goal weight. So i knwo it has to be a mental thing and thats what I am trying to get over.

I love your blog!

Shelley said...

Yes, especially when they are in swimsuits! But you are going to the pool for your kids, and they don't see the other skinny moms, they only have eyes for you, their mom and hero. Hope you have a great day!

Hannah said...

yes, for sure!

Susan W. said...

Yes! I know the feeling. That's another reason I stick around people who stay fully clothed. LOL I guess it's sorta like spiritually we should only compare ourselves to Christ. Physically we should compare ourselves with...only ourselves. I found your blog yesterday and started my diet today. Thank you!

Cheri said...

Oh, definately. It makes me not want to go, which is sad - missing out on that time with my family and friends. I force myself to go, but there's always that little niggling, looking at others, and comparing...

MamaFeelgood said...

I used to until I realized that I'm overweight and I know it and everyone else knows it. I could either be ashamed or go out, find a bathing suit that flatters me and strut my stuff. If I don't think I'm awesome, who will?

unathleticrunner said...

YES! I always think, wow you're looking good (I've dropped 20 lbs in the past year) and then I meet up with a super skinny friend and I am like, my legs are huge, my arms are fat....ugh.

Julie said...

After seeing the picture you posted Jun 19th... you are one of those skinny little mommas!

Marc, Sarah, and Luke said...

Yes, I understand about what you mean about being at the pool with skinny moms. This is my first full summer as a mom, and we have already hit the pool several times. I am very self-conscious about it every time. However, I do know that Christ loves us all, know matter what. I also know that I have a wonderful husband who loves me as well. My son is only 11 months old, and fortunately, he doesn't yet judge weight. I'm hoping I can teach him not to ever do that. But, I know he only knows me as his loving Mom, and that alone feels better than anything :) Keep up the good work in what you're doing.

Jennifer said...

I hope you had a good time at the pool and you were able to just use them as a visual as you will be there soon enough. you are doing great. Keep up the good work. You are an inspriation. I started back up again on ww after my 3rd babe. Day one is behind me. YEH

Mimi said...

Yeah I would totally feel that way at the beach or pool. There are other situations where there are a skinny "group" of women & I feel like the big oompa-loompa in the room!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Thanks for all of your sweet comments. I enjoyed reading all of them. We had a really great time at the pool. Honestly it didn't really bother me what I looked like in my suit. there were a lot of woman that looked great in their swim suits and a lot that didn't. I just kept reminding myself that this is the reason I am doing this and why I want to lose all of this weight. Because I want to feel comfortable with the way I look. I was actually really proud of myself not only for all of the weight I have lost but for putting my swim suit on and going out in front of hundreds of people to take my girls swimming. It took a lot to do but it was well worth it. My girls had a blast. We swam for four hours and I have the sun burn to prove it. :) It was just so fun relaxing and watching my girls have fun like kids should.

LibraryGirl62 said...

My best friend is HOT and looks GREAT in a bikini. I buy suits I like (read: skirty bottoms)and strut my stuff right next to her. It is tough, but I act like I belong and have a great time!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin