Friday, June 19, 2009

Recipe: Easter Pork Tenderloin



I just have to share this one. I posted the recipe for Easter Pork Tenderloin before Easter but didn't have a chance to try it until last week. I have to tell you that it is now a family favorite. I seriously have never seen my children eat so much.

I found a Pork Tenderloin on sale the other day and decided to buy it just because it was a great price. For us pork tenderloin is a treat because it is usually so expensive. So you can see why I was so excited to find this pork tenderloin for around $6.00.
I marinated it for a day and then baked it in the oven on 350 until it was done. The recipe calls for it to be broiled but I felt more comfortable baking it. I also used 3 teaspoons of regular mustard instead of 1 tsp of dry mustard. I didn't have any dry mustard at the time. Luckily I had all of the other ingredients and it turned into a very simple and inexpensive meal with lots of leftovers. I served it with sweet potatoes with Spenda, ICBINB spray and cinnamon and some green beans. It was a wonderful meal and I couldn't believe how much the pork tenderloin tasted like ham.

The next time I find a cheap pork tenderloin I know what I will be making. :)



Easter Pork Tenderloin from Weight Watchers
Sisterhood Of The Shrinking Jeans
main meals

POINTS® Value: 4
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Who needs a fattening Easter ham? The spices in this low-fat pork tenderloin make it taste even better. Marinate overnight for deeper flavor.

Ingredients

1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie pancake syrup
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
2 1/2 pound(s) lean pork tenderloin, use two 1 1/4-pound pieces

Instructions
In a large zip-close plastic bag, combine syrup, dry mustard, cloves, ginger, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Trim pork of all visible fat and cut each tenderloin in half width wise. Add tenderloins to plastic bag, squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat tenderloins. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on bottom shelf, turning bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat broiler. Place tenderloins in a roasting pan and pour marinade over them. Broil 5 inches from heat until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160°F, about 6 minutes per side. Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing. Yields about 4 ounces of meat per serving.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin