Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recipe: 1 P Yogurt Cake

Update: Sorry guys. I found out after making this cake last night that it is not 1 P per slice but 4 P's per slice. I would still recommend making it because it was awesome. It tastes just like Strawberry Shortcake. I put fresh Strawberries in the cake and then Strawberry yogurt with the cool whip on top. Then I put fresh Strawberries on top. It was great! Check my next post for pictures.


I found this recipe on WeightWatchers.com. I am so excited to try it. It is called Yogurt Cake. It looks like one of those recipes that you can play around with to make it taste the way you like it. I never thought to put yogurt in a cake before but it makes sense. I can't wait to see if it makes it creamy and heavy. I love heavy cakes! I am going to make it tonight so I will post and let you know how it turns out.

Recipe:
1 box - white cake mix
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
2 - 8oz. low fat or fat free yogurt (you can use any flavor, ex. strawberry)
1 - 8oz. fat free cool whip

Instructions:
Combine cake mix, water, applesauce and egg whites in bowl, mix until smooth. Stir in 1 container of yogurt.

Bake in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.

Let cool.

Mix 1 container of yogurt with thawed Cool Whip. Spread over cake. Keep cake refrigerated.

Cut cake into 15 pieces, each piece is 1 P.


5 comments:

All Things Frugal For You And Me said...

Sounds yummy! I'm gonna try it. I hadn't thought about just using the egg whites. DUH! I like making a chocolate cake mix with a can of pumpkin. Mix and bake. That's it! Doesn't taste like pumpkin. I think it's a weight watcher's recipe too.

Anyway I found you from the Money Saving Mom blog and just wanted to say hi:) Keep up the great work! I'll be cheering you on.

Best Wishes~

Stephanie said...

Hi! I love your blog!! I am also a Weight Watcher, but not doing so hot right now... up 8 lbs... I love seeing your before and after 30 lbs pics. How encouraging! You look fabulous!!! Keep up the hard work. You have motivated me to get back on it. Thanks! :) Oh, thanks for adding my site to your blogroll too. :)

Anonymous said...

HI! I am so glad that you posted on Money Saving Mom! I too am couting points with WW and trying to do so on a budget. Thanks for posting these great recipes and tips! We must have started WW around the same time because I am a wwek behind you - I start week 23 tomorrow!!
abcw1234 at yahoo dot com

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Foung you through Monay Saving Mom's site too. I'm going to try this weekend.

unathleticrunner said...

I just started reading your blog and you probably know about this recipe but, if not.
Cake mix (your choice)
number of eggs = number of egg whites
no oil or water, just a 12 oz diet soda.
I have heard its 2 points per 2x2 piece.
We love it so much that I make if for my hubby's birthday! (add fat free coolwhip too).
yummmm-o!
PS keep up the great work :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin