Monday, June 22, 2009

POM Wonderful




Last week I received a box of POM Wonderful pomegranate juice in the mail. I will tell you that when I got it I was a bit skeptical. I thought "How good can pomegranate juice taste?". I have heard so many good things about the benefits of drinking it I just never thought that I would like the taste.

The makers of POM Wonderful have definitely changed my mind. When I first received my large box of POM Wonderful I didn't know what to do with it. I was having a jewelry party at my house the next day and I knew I wanted to serve it so that I could give all of my readers the opinion of many instead of just my opinion. I called my sister that night and asked her what I should do with it. She said to mix it with diet 7up.

It was definitely a hit. I mixed 2/3 diet 7UP and ice to 1/3 POM Wonderful. It was awesome! I put it in my crystal picture and it looked beautiful. I got so many compliments on it. Everyone was asking me what was in it. I had 12 people at my party and they all loved it!


The best part about POM Wonderful are the Health Benefits. Check out all of the Health Benefits of this awesome drink on POM Wonderful's website or read them below.


POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice is the only pomegranate juice backed by $25 million in medical research. Actually, we are the only pomegranate juice backed by any medical research at all.


There has been a lot of talk lately about the role of pomegranates in promoting heart health, prostate health, and proper erectile function. But while these results are promising, keep in mind that all of the research has been done on POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice. Our juice comes from a unique pomegranate variety (the Wonderful), which is grown in a unique location (California), and which is juiced with proprietary technology (ours!). No other pomegranate juice can claim these distinctions, and no other brand has been clinically tested.

So what are the medical results on POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice?
Cardiovascular

♥ A 2005 study published in the American Journal of Cardiology showed improved blood flow to the heart in patients drinking 8oz. daily of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice for 3 months. Researchers studied a total of 45 patients with coronary heart disease who had reduced blood flow to the heart. Patients drinking POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice experienced a 17% improvement in blood flow, compared to a 18% worsening in patients drinking a placebo...Read more


♥ One pilot study on 19 patients with atherosclerosis (clogged arteries) at the Technion Institute in Israel demonstrated a reduction in arterial plaque growth. After one year, arterial plaque decreased 30% for those patients who consumed 8oz of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice daily, compared to a 9% worsening for patients who drank a placebo. ..Read more.


Prostate Health


♥ A preliminary UCLA medical study, published by The American Association for Cancer Research, found hopeful results for prostate health. The study followed 46 men previously treated for prostate cancer either with surgery or radiation. After drinking 8 oz POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice daily for two years, these men experienced significantly slower PSA doubling times – from 15 months at the beginning of the study to 54 months at the end. PSA is a biomarker for prostate cancer, and slower PSA doubling time may indicate slower disease progression.


Erectile Function


♥ A pilot study released in the International Journal of Impotence Research in 2007 examined 61 male subjects with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. Compared to participants taking a placebo, those men drinking 8oz. of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice daily for four weeks were 50% more likely to experience improved erections.


Antioxidant Superpower

♥ Numerous independent laboratory tests have shown that POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice has superior antioxidant content, ounce-for-ounce, compared to other juices and beverages...
Read more






My favorite part about POM Wonderful is that my daughter loves it. She drinks it right from the bottle. I just think that this is great. It is wonderful to see your children drinking something so good for them.

If you have never tried POM Wonderful I would suggest that you give it a try. The taste is unbelievable. I also found that they have a great website with tons of recipes for appetizers, meals and desserts. Click here to check it out.

POM Wonderful is not something that I can afford everyday but it will defiantly be top on our list when we are treating ourselves (maybe a once a week treat) or having guests over.

A big Thanks to Janny from POM Wonderful for all of the great juice. It was so nice to try something new and really love it!


5 comments:

biz319 said...

And your daughter has the POM mustache - too cute! :D

Mama Bear June said...

Have seen so many reviews on this stuff, but haven't been able to fork over the money compared to the other juices. Just can't see how different 100% juice is from 100% juice. :-) Maybe if they send me a box, I'll be able to do a taste test, too. LOL

Your daughter is so cute! Her big eyes remind me of my great niece.

Donna O said...

Just wanted to say I am so glad I 'found" your blog! I think it was viz The Fashionable Housewife! I too am on a weight loss journey---so many ups and downs. I am inspired by your willingness to be open and forthright and I am motivated by your consistency! keep on being a great loser!
Donna O'.
Down 40+ pounds with a bunch more to go!

unathleticrunner said...

I've been wondering about this stuff! Thanks for the review! :)

salsumetri said...

I love this stuff picked some up at Ralphs last week and have been drinking it ever since. Have been giving it to my husband allot as well, read that it can help their libido as well LOL http://www.edguider.com/edblog/2009/05/12/pomegranate-juice-for-proper-erectile-function/ And since the POM is 100% juice, it is just as good as drinking a real pomegranate

Blog Widget by LinkWithin