Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Afternoon Snack





My snack today was so good that I just had to share it with all of you. I found this great granola at the grocery store last week. It is called Cocoa Beach Granola made by Kashi. Like I said before I love chocolate. So when I saw this I knew that I had to try it.








The Cocoa Beach Granola has almonds, coconut and cocoa-infused clusters. Let me just tell you that it is as good as it sounds. I got it on sale for about $2.50 (I can't find my receipt for the exact amount). It has 14 1/4 cup servings. Each 1/4 cup serving has 115 calories, 4.5 grams of fat and 3.5 grams of fiber. I also had a coupon if you buy six Yoplait yogurts you get one free and they happened to be on sale this week. Yippee!




My daughter also had the Yoplait French Vanilla yogurt with Strawberries on top and loved it!


When I got home I decided to try a 1/4 cup of Granola on top of the yogurt and it was amazing. Honestly I think this granola would be good on top of just about anything. It is that good!








I bought the Yoplait Light Thick & Creamy French Vanilla yogurt and I fell in love with it. It tastes just like the yogurt that McDonald's uses in their parfaits. I am not a yogurt person but this stuff I could eat plain. I think this is the only type of yogurt I will be buying. I just have never found one with such a great texture and taste before. The best part is that it only has 100 calories and zero fat.








Today I decided to do my usual yogurt and Cocoa Beach Granola and add some fresh strawberries that I cut up and put in a little Splenda. It was awesome! My new favorite.






And the baby just had Puffs. She just wanted to be in the post too. :)


3 comments:

..Jenny said...

This would make a great breakfast for you! I have homemade granola (it's really easy to make) and weight watchers yogurt for breakfast every morning.
If I've been doing a lot of strength training and needs some protein I just add some chocolate whey to the yogurt and it's great!
It's even better wtih some strawberries cut up on top, but I'm usually to lazy to spend THAT much time when I'm still half asleep in the morning! :)

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Looks yummy. I'm going to try it.

TJ said...

I will have to look for that granola. Thanks! Your girls are so cute! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin