Thursday, June 18, 2009

If It Sounds To Good To Be True ...






If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. I am referring to the cake recipe I posted yesterday. Click here to see it.

The cake turned out awesome and the flavor is great! The problem is that the recipe stated that it was 1 P per slice. When I figured it out it actually turned out to be 4 P's per slice. Not awful but when you are expecting it to be one then it is a little disappointing.

I should have known better. I usually make my cakes by mixing the cake mix and a can of diet soda and it turns out to be about 3 P's per slice. So if I would have thought about it I would have realized that 1 P is ridiculous.




Anyway, the cake did turn out great. It was super moist and really heavy but the cool whip/yogurt frosting lightened it up a bit. I used vanilla yogurt in the cake and threw in some fresh strawberries. Then I put strawberry yogurt with the cool whip and put fresh strawberries on top. It tasted like strawberry shortcake!

It is definitely a cake I will make again. It would be a great refreshing cake for the summer. I just wouldn't take it to a picnic. I think the frosting might run.


2 comments:

Carrie said...

Boo for the points value...but boy does that LOOK YUMMY!! I'd have to agree on the picnic thing, I have found anything made with coolwhip doesn't hold up in the heat.

Cheri said...

Really - the cake with soda is 3 points? I had alwyas heard it was only one point! Oh well, I guess it's better than a lot of other things!

(PS, I've clicked over to you from Crystal and added you to my feed reader!)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin