Friday, June 19, 2009

Date Night On A Budget

Tonight my husband and I had a date night. We don't get to do this as often as we would like to but it is so nice when we get the chance.

This past Christmas I bought my husband 12 gift certificates from Restaurant.com. I had never heard of it before but decided to try it out. They were offering a special where it cost me $2.00 for every $25 gift certificate I purchased. When you use these certificates you have to spend at least $35.00.

What a steal. It is wonderful to be able to go to a restaurant and get a really nice meal for $10 to $15 plus the initial $2.00 that I paid.

The only downfall that I have found is that they don't have many restaurants in my area that offer these certificates. I was able to find three restaurants that are 20 minutes or less from my house. All three of them are fancier restaurants that I have never been to before.




My husband took this picture of me before we left for our date. I wasn't sure if I looked alright (I'm not used to wearing short skirts anymore.) so he was trying to show me that I looked nice.


Tonight we went to a beautiful restaurant with a beautiful view overlooking the mountains and a man playing the piano right next to us. It was amazing and so inexpensive!



If you are interested in going out to eat without breaking the bank check out Restaurant.com.


11 comments:

Ryann said...

You are looking really great! Congrats on having a date night and on the successful weight loss.

I'm So Pretty said...

You look fantastic!! I love using Restaurant.com gift certs - they're a great way to have a nice evening out without breaking the bank :)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Jessica, you look great!!! Keep it going girl! Don't worry about the shorter skirt. It looks just fine on you. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy a nice evening together. Have a great weekend.

Nerd Girl said...

WOW...your body has seriously transformed!! you look GREAT! keep it up!

Shelley said...

You look so cute and young and fit!!! You are totally rocking that short skirt, Jessica!

TJ said...

YOu look GREAT Jessica! :) I just bought a skirt- ok so its one of those with the shorts under it but its a first in a long time!!!

We had cheap date night last night as well. Veggie burgers/salads and a 4 mile bike ride. Way to save a buck- or two!

:)

Brown Family Blog said...

I love restaurant.com! Discovered your blog from moneysavingmom. Have enjoyed reading over your blog. I had a baby 3 mos ago and have joined WW (again) to lose the weight. I think it is great that you are journaling your journey on here. It is very encouraging! Just weighed in this am after a week vacation. I went up 2 #'s. Got to get my act togethter.BTW- I think you look great! Keep up the hard work...and it is hard!

Pamela Kramer said...

Girl you look smokin' HOT! Hope you had a great time.

Jenny said...

I, too, found your blog a couple days ago from moneysavingmom and I just had to comment today and say I think you look awesome! Very inspiring to me as I also have "baby weight" to lose (even though my "baby" is almost two...

laurajane said...

You look great! Sounds like your date night was a lot of fun.

cmoursler said...

wow, after looking at you in that outfit...I can't wait to hit 187. I hope you had fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin