Thursday, June 25, 2009

And The Number Is... Week 25 Weigh In

It just hasn't been a great week. It started off on Friday with mine and my husbands date night. We had a great time but I ate way to much. We don't get to go to fancy places to eat very often so I decided to try everything that I could. The food was truly amazing but I left feeling like I was going to get sick. My stomach just cannot handle that much food anymore.

Then on Saturday we went out for a Father's Day Lunch at a local pizza shop (that's what my husband requested :) ). We had the buffet. I ate two bites of pizza and a huge salad with beautiful tomatoes and fat free italien dressing. Surprisingly I was stuffed when we left. Then we went to a huge birthday picnic for my friends daughter. They had so much food it was ridiculous (in a good way). Let's just say I used no self control. I tried a little of everything. The food was wonderful!

On Sunday my cousin's baby was dedicated at Church and they had a picnic after. The food was even better then the day before and a bigger selection (which I didn't even think was possible). These girls know how to throw a party. Let's just say I ate everything (especially my Grandma's famous coleslaw). And then that night we had a Father's Day picnic at my parents. We had Stromboli, Fire Balls, bugolgi (Korean beef - not sure if I spelled it right) and Korean rice, perigees, Calico beans, macaroni salad, strawberry cake, lemon squares, cheesecake fluff (fat free) and watermelon. I actually ate so much that I got sick. Now that is sad.

So you can see how I had a rough start to my week. Monday I got back on track and did great on Tuesday and Wednesday. Unfortunately I didn't do well enough to reverse what I ate over the weekend. When I got on the scale this morning I was very disappointed with myself. The number on the scale was 188. I am not happy with this number or myself for not having any self control this weekend. It is very disappointing to see my weight going up and down. I just want it to keep going down. It all comes down to the fact that I need to try harder. I need to exercise more and I need to eat healthier.




My Week In Review:



1. Exercise:: I went on one walk this week. I really need to get my butt moving again.
2. Track My Points Every Day: I didn't track my points over the weekend by I have been since Monday. It's a start. :)
3. Exercise Points:

4. Water: I drank lots of water. I love my water bottle.

5. Late night eating: Two nights I couldn't sleep. One night I ate ice cream and the other I ate a Sager Free Cosy Shack Rice Pudding. Ate least one night I ate healthy.

6. Snacking: I really didn't snack much this week. I did eat yogurt with granola and stawberries yesterday and fresh strawberries or watermelon on other days.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I didn't do well in this area. I really need to get back to eating veggies with every meal. They really help to fill me up.

My goal for the week is to stay on track over the weekend. It's going to be hard because I have a family reunion on Saturday and a Bridal Shower in New York on Sunday. I am really excited about the shower because I get to visit my Aunt Diana. I don't get to see her as much as I would like so I am super excited. I also get to visit with my two cousins (the one is getting married in August) and their fiance and girlfriend. They are all great and I can't wait to spend Sunday and Monday with them. I just have to remind myself that I need to stay on track.


6 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

My thought is that the weekend is over and you did get back to what works for you! This week will be a much better one for you weight wise i'm sure!!

Kelly said...

The good news is that you are starting the week with a clean slate. You can make it a terrific week and be proud of the results next week. :)

JAM said...

I also think you did great by getting on track after the weekend - life happens and it's so much better to get on track rather than say "who cares, I blew it so let's ruin the whole week". To be up only a pound after that many events is not bad. Also, I notice that every 4 weeks or so lately you are up a bit - perhaps hormonal and some of it could be water weight gain? Not much you can do about that other than drink lots and wait for the next week. Good luck at your weekend events and try to keep a glass of sparkling water or something in your hand at all times both so you stay hydrated and so it's harder to reach for goodies!

Katie said...

Hi! Found your blog today and am hopping on the train of your followers!

Congrats on the weight lost so far! And I agree with Jam.. you do seem to have a gain in intervals. Maybe you're doing better than you thought!

Mrs. Myers @ Eat Move Write said...

Every week (every day) is a new chance to start over. We all have our moments (and, yes, our weeks). You're doing fine. As long as you keep trying your best, you cannot fail. Good luck!

Lucrecia said...

Just noticed your new progress picture, girl you are kickin butt! Keep it up! I know you will reverse your small gain this week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin