Friday, June 5, 2009

And The Number Is..... Week 21 Weigh In



The Crayola Factory




The Philadelphia Zoo




Sorry I'm a little late on this post but I am still unpacking from vacation and had to take the girls to the Doctor's yesterday. My oldest has croup again and the baby has another ear infection. I feel like my kids are always sick. I am really starting to get concerned. The Doctor said not to worry about it but my oldest daughter has had croup 3 times since the middle of Feb. and the baby has had at least four ear infections since the same times. Most of them have been double ear infections. It's crazy and a bit miserable having sick children who can't sleep.

Well our vacation was great and as I said before I ate way to much while away. I had stuffed french toast from IHOP,really great Indian food with tons of garlic nan (to die for. I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. :)) I love spicy food and it doesn't get much spicier then Indian food. I also had fried crab cake sandwiches, french fries, sweet potato fries and fried shrimp. I also had four ice creams (one at the phili zoo, one at cold stone creamery (Germanchocolatecake - it was the best) and two at Sesame place. I also had tons of other stuff but I won't mention it all. I am making myself too hungry.

However I did eat well for breakfast (minus the Indian) and our packed lunches. We had a blast and that is all that matters. I enjoyed every single bite that I ate and now I am back on track.

You are all probably wondering how much weight I gained on this vacation. Well, I did gain a little but I was able to lose it before weigh in day. Today when I got on the scale I weighed 190.5. I am still up from my lowest weight but I am very happy with the number considering I went on vacation.

My Week In Review:


1. Exercise: Does walking around a zoo, the Please Touch Museum, the Crayola Factory and Three days at Sesame Place count?

2. Track My Points Every Day: Obviously I didn't track anything. I should have but didn't.

3. Exercise Points: I'm sure I ate them all at one time when I had the Germanchocolatecake ice cream at Cold Stone. So worth it.

4. Water: I did drink a lot.

5. Late night eating: Let's just say sick child and a box of Ho-Ho's in a hotel room. You can figure out what happened.

6. Snacking: I didn't snack very much. We ate our three meals and then usually had one snack per day. (Ice cream, Philli Pretzel Factory)

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I don't think I ate any veggies the whole vacation. No, I actually made a salad to go along with the hamburger barbecue I made. We did have Strawberry shortcakes for breakfast several mornings (my daughters request). Only on vacation can you eat Strawberry Shortcake every morning. My daughter thought it was the greatest thing in the world. She got up in the morning and would ask for everything and would make them up for all of us. It's a good memory for all of us. The memory was worth the extra calories.


My goal for this week is to get back down into the 180's and possibly back down to my lowest weight. I am really excited about the Summer Slim Down contest at my gym. It started Monday and ends in 8 weeks. I get weighed in in 4 weeks so I will keep you updated on how I do.

I hope you all have a wonderful healthy week!



7 comments:

TJ said...

Good job Jessica! Cute pics too! :)

Superjaxster said...

That IS great for going on vacation! Sometimes I think the key is just being more aware. Keep it up!

Lucrecia said...

That is AWESOME!! You'll be back in the 180's for good by next week!

elise said...

Sounds like a fun vacation! We are int he Philly area and those are really fun things to do. In terms of your kids getting sick a lot, I have 2 kids with numerous medical issues - too much to go into here, but they both have immunological issues - i.e. they get sick a lot! Have you ped. order a simple blood test for both girls - checking out there IgG, IgA, IgE etc levels. If some of the levels are low, there are a few things you can do. Also, have him or her check their vit. d levels (same blood test) - though we are coming into summer so that should help. Low vit d makes kids more apt to get sick. I don't know where your kids are in their shots, but boosting up the pneumoccal (sp?) vax can help - either re vax them and or giving them - especially your older girl the larger vax that they give to older adults can help. You can have your ped. run the titers to see if they made titers to the vax and then decide what to do. Just some options.

Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration!
Elise

MackAttack said...

Way to go! Congrats on the loss and getting back to your lowest weight!

Mimi said...

Sounds like a great vacation & well worth those extra calories. My boys are 17 & 13 & it's hard to find vacation time that we can all enjoy, so treasure all of these days you have.

Mama Bear June said...

So sorry your babies are sick. Hope everyone recovers quickly. I think you did an awesome job on vacation and the memories you made are priceless! And you look just beautiful! Sending hugs and get well prayers for the wee ones.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin