The Crayola Factory
The Philadelphia Zoo
Sorry I'm a little late on this post but I am still unpacking from vacation and had to take the girls to the Doctor's yesterday. My oldest has croup again and the baby has another ear infection. I feel like my kids are always sick. I am really starting to get concerned. The Doctor said not to worry about it but my oldest daughter has had croup 3 times since the middle of Feb. and the baby has had at least four ear infections since the same times. Most of them have been double ear infections. It's crazy and a bit miserable having sick children who can't sleep.
Well our vacation was great and as I said before I ate way to much while away. I had stuffed french toast from IHOP,really great Indian food with tons of garlic nan (to die for. I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. :)) I love spicy food and it doesn't get much spicier then Indian food. I also had fried crab cake sandwiches, french fries, sweet potato fries and fried shrimp. I also had four ice creams (one at the phili zoo, one at cold stone creamery (Germanchocolatecake - it was the best) and two at Sesame place. I also had tons of other stuff but I won't mention it all. I am making myself too hungry.
However I did eat well for breakfast (minus the Indian) and our packed lunches. We had a blast and that is all that matters. I enjoyed every single bite that I ate and now I am back on track.
You are all probably wondering how much weight I gained on this vacation. Well, I did gain a little but I was able to lose it before weigh in day. Today when I got on the scale I weighed 190.5. I am still up from my lowest weight but I am very happy with the number considering I went on vacation.
My Week In Review:
1. Exercise: Does walking around a zoo, the Please Touch Museum, the Crayola Factory and Three days at Sesame Place count?
2. Track My Points Every Day: Obviously I didn't track anything. I should have but didn't.
3. Exercise Points: I'm sure I ate them all at one time when I had the Germanchocolatecake ice cream at Cold Stone. So worth it.
4. Water: I did drink a lot.
5. Late night eating: Let's just say sick child and a box of Ho-Ho's in a hotel room. You can figure out what happened.
6. Snacking: I didn't snack very much. We ate our three meals and then usually had one snack per day. (Ice cream, Philli Pretzel Factory)
7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I don't think I ate any veggies the whole vacation. No, I actually made a salad to go along with the hamburger barbecue I made. We did have Strawberry shortcakes for breakfast several mornings (my daughters request). Only on vacation can you eat Strawberry Shortcake every morning. My daughter thought it was the greatest thing in the world. She got up in the morning and would ask for everything and would make them up for all of us. It's a good memory for all of us. The memory was worth the extra calories.
My goal for this week is to get back down into the 180's and possibly back down to my lowest weight. I am really excited about the Summer Slim Down contest at my gym. It started Monday and ends in 8 weeks. I get weighed in in 4 weeks so I will keep you updated on how I do.
I hope you all have a wonderful healthy week!