Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Look How Far I Have Come!

Today I decided to skip the gym and spend the day with my girls. I still wanted to get in some exercise so we went to the park. I packed a lunch for us. The girls had peanut butter and jelly and I had a salad with Ken's Healthy Options Raspberry Walnut dressing. Yum!




We really had a great time. We got to see a huge Carp jump out of the water. It was pretty neat. We did a lot of walking, running and playing kick ball. It is so nice to be active with my girls.

As I was running around with them I realized how far I have come. A few months ago I wouldn't have even imagined running around the park with them.
For one thing I probably wouldn't have been able to do it without getting winded and I probably would have been to embarrassed to run around in front of people.

Today was great. I ran around without being embarrassed. Yes, I am overweight and it probably isn't a pretty sight to see but I am just so proud of how far I have come and that I can actually do it. :) I don't even care what others think. I feel good!!!

I ran with my daughter for several minutes without getting winded. This actually shocked me. I just wanted to keep running. Unfortunately my daughter is only four and she got tired. I can not wait to get on the treadmill at the gym tomorrow and see how long I can run.

Up until today I just assumed that I couldn't run.
Now I know that I can and I am so excited to see how long I can go without getting winded. I guess the exercise on the elliptical is really working.

We had such a great time. I want to try to take them to the park at least once a week throughout the summer. It will be fun for me to come up with new creative ways to get some exercise in while having fun with my kids.









My daughter loves this rock wall. I would love to be a kid and climb it. Maybe next time. :)





Don't forget that today is the last day to sign up for my giveaway. If you would like to enter please click /giveaway.html">here.


6 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

Awww, I just love the pic of you and your girls. What a fun day! Congrats on the progress you have made.

Terri said...

That's awesome! I love it when that happens. When you realize that you have more energy than before and you are able to use it without feeling like you've been beat up! Awesome job, keep up the great work!

Kelly said...

That is a fantastic non scale victory!! Good for you! You are doing great.

TJ said...

cute pic of you and your kids! :)

Heidi said...

I know it's just your face in that pic, but you're looking good!

Looking forward to hearing how your run on the TM goes.

Allison said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I look forward to hearing about your treadmill success, especially since your park trip was so great. Do climb the rock wall.. I've done it a couple of times (under the cover of darkness) and it's pretty fun.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin