Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Gym Is Closed and I Ate To Much Cake

So here I am at 7am regretting everything I ate yesterday. What makes it worse is that the gym does not open until 10am. This means that I won't be able to go today. We have church in a few hours and then off to the in-laws which is an hour and a half away. My mother-laws church is having a mother/daughter banquet tonight that I am really looking forward to. I just hope I can control myself around the food. It is always so good.

So back to yesterday. My nephews birthday party was at a local amusement park which was amazing and we all had a great time. We had hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill (one of my many summer weaknesses) and many other great foods. I just had a hot dog, some pizza dip, bongo dip, haluski and a ton of veggies and full fat dip. Not an awful meal but that was just the beginning.

Then I had a cupcake with a ton of icing (really good) and of course a piece of cake before we left (again, really good). Then at night before we left the park I had a little of my daughter's hot fudge sundae. It was huge and she wouldn't share the hot fudge. :)Then I had three tri-taters for dinner. I can never leave without those tri-taters covered in salt and dipped in ketchup. They were amazing. Probably because they were fried in lots of oil.

I really need to figure out a way to control myself and stay away from that stuff when we are out this summer. We are going to be doing a lot of picnicking and going to amusement parks and I don't want to ruin my diet every time we go. The sad part is I ate the tri-taters while I was staring at a really good baked potato stand. I am really lucky that this park has baked potatoes, pizza and salads. Now if only I could convince myself to eat that stuff.

Well, I am not going to dwell on it. I ate my first and only tri-tators for the year. Next time I will get the pizza and a salad. The baked potatoes are good but I have trouble eating them on a hot day. I do love the pizza but unfortunately so does everyone else so the line is always huge.

Another funny part of the day that I thought I would share. My daughter convinced my husband and I to buy her a hermit crab. She was so cute and excited so we said yes. What were we thinking? Those things are nasty.

We got home and my daughter took it out of the cage. The thing stood up and it was huge. Then it started running. I almost died. I am so deathly afraid of this thing. Unfortunately so is my daughter now. It started running at her and she freaked out. The poor thing was in her booster seat at the table and couldn't get down. I was able to pick it up with the lid and another toy and after dropping it on the table I finally got it back in the cage.

We decided that it is never coming out again. I found some really heavy tape and taped the whole cage shut. My mom freaked me out by telling me that they can get out of those little cages by pushing the top open. The poor ugly thing. I am not looking forward to feeding time. Now I know why my Mom always said "No" when I wanted one. They are scary!




If you haven't signed up for my giveaway click here. Only a few days left!


1 comment:

laurajane said...

Funny story about the hermit crab. I wouldn't be letting it out of the cage either. I, too, find it difficult to pass up the not-so-good-for-me food when it's around and everyone else is eating it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin