Thursday, May 14, 2009

And The Number Is ... Week 19 Weigh In

What a great week! I actually lost weight the same week that I had over 150 cupcakes in my house. I sent all of the leftover cupcakes with my husband to work. They loved them.

I didn't make it to the gym as much as I wanted to because of everything that was going on this past week but I definitely got in a lot of exercise. I was on my feet for days cooking, setting up and cleaning up after the party.

I was able to try some new recipes this week. Some I liked and some I didn't. I made a red chard and caramelized onion salad that was gross. :)
I did very well controlling myself this week. With all of the leftovers in the house it was very hard. I gave a lot away and the rest I packed in my husband's lunches. The only problem I did have was that I ate about 5 cookies that my mom and I had made for the party. They were amazing sugar cookie decorated to look like a cupcake. They seriously were awesome. I could eat a dozen at a time if I let myself. I still have some left but I will not let myself touch them.

And what you have been waiting for. When I stepped on the scale this morning the number that I saw was 189.4. This brings me to a total loss of 27.2 pounds. Yeah!!! I am so excited to be back in the 180's. It seemed like it took forever and I have now decided that I really, really hate the 190's and really never want to go back. 185 here I come!


It is very exciting to think that in a few short weeks I will be in the 170's. Some people may say I am crazy to start thinking about that when I just got into the 180's. But I think this is what keeps me going. Dreaming about what it will feel like when I lose another 10 pounds. So exciting isn't it?




My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: I think I did fairly decent in this area this week. I didn't make it to the gym much but I did take a bike ride, go for a two hour walk and plan a party and make food for 70 people. I definitely think the party planning counts as exercise. My body never hurt so bad in my entire life. I seriously contemplated going to the emergency room the night after the party. Luckily I have a great husband who massaged my legs and feet until I could go to sleep and by the next morning I was much better. I could walk anyway. :)

2. Track My Points Every Day: I didn't track my points as much as I would have liked to but I did track them in my head. I really need to get back to using the online tracker.

3. Exercise Points: I didn't eat these this week.

4. Water: I drank a ton of water this week.

5. Late night eating: Last night I did eat a little chocolate in the middle of the night. I woke up around midnight and thought that I forgot to let our dog back in. I went downstairs and he was in the house so I decided to eat chocolate. I seriously don't think straight in the middle of the night.

6. Snacking: I really have not had much time for snacks this week. With the party and cleaning the house after the party it has just been crazy. When I did snack I grabbed a Fiber One Bar.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I ate a ton of veggies this week. My house was stocked with fruits and veggies. I had Romain lettuce, red chard, arugula, dandelion, eggplant, apples and pairs.

Well, I am off to the gym. Hopefully I can make it on the elliptical for at least 45 minutes. I am pretty tired today. I think because it is so dreary outside. I have much more energy when it is sunny. I hope you all have a great day and make sure you sign up for my giveaway here if you haven't already. Check back later to find out how my eggplant pizza turns out tonight. I love trying different recipes.


11 comments:

Angie said...

Good For You! That's so awesome that your were faced with a lot of temptation, and yet were able to control it and lose weight. You're doing great!

Carrie said...

YEAH!! Great job!! 180's :) Glad you could join me :) Now on to the 170's we go!!! I have maintained the EXACT same weight for 2 weeks now...not this week!! Oh!! And I was going to ask you what you are doing with your eggplant - we joined a organic veggie/fruits delivery service and I now have 2 gorgeous purple eggplants in my fridge and HAVE NO CLUE what to do with them!! I have come to the conclusion that I will be eating them all, as I think my husband won't touch them with a 10 foot pole! :) Here is to a great week!!

Superjaxster said...

You are making great progress! It does feel great to get down to new numbers. I can't wait to get into the 180s again either! Actually I can't wait to get back to my 10%...I remember how GREAT I felt and it is motivating. Keep it up!

TJ said...

great job Jessica! :)

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! Congrats on the loss! And... congrats on resisting those cupcakes! That would have been really hard for me! hehe

Rachel said...

Well done you!! That's so great! And I absolutely understand dreaming of the next ten down - I'm always thinking 'Ooh I'm glad I lost that, but this isn't where I'm stopping!'

Terri said...

Awesome job! I'm the same way at night. It's almost like "sleep-eating" or something. Thank goodness it hasn't happened in a while though!

I really need to get a gym membership.

Mimi said...

Congratulations! I have fallen hard off of the wagon & am now going on vacation for a week. I'll be totally rededicating myself on Memorial Day when I return from Vaca.

Kate said...

Congratulations! You're doing a spectacular job!

Mama Bear June said...

Wooohooo! Congrats on the new decade. You'll be in the 70's in no time. Glad you survived the craziness of your big party.

biz319 said...

Great job! Hey, the fact that you stopped at 5 cookies is amazing!

Hello to the 180's!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin