Thursday, May 7, 2009

And The Number Is ... Week 18 Weigh In

I first want to say thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers this week. It was a tough week for all of us. We were all very attached to my husband's Grandmother. She was a wonderful woman. She lived a wonderful life and died at the age of 91. I hope that if I live to be as old as she was I am just like her. She was so intelligent even up to the end. You would never have guessed that she was 91 years old. It's weird to think that less then a year ago she was making a ton of potato salad for my daughter's dedication party. She will be greatly missed but she is in a much better place today and that makes us happy.

And the number on the scale this morning was 191.5. I am actually happy about this. I lost half a pound this past week and I really thought I might gain 5. It was just such a crazy week. We left for my in-laws on Friday morning and got back after the funeral late Tuesday night. I really did not have any time to count points or even try to count points. I was actually chasing my one year old around the whole entire time. That's right. I said one year old. My baby also turned a year old on Monday. :) It makes it harder when every place you go is not child proofed. My baby was into everything she could get her hands on. It seemed like everything sitting around my in-laws house was glass. I am thankful that nothing got broken and that I got lots of exercise.

This week I ate what was around I just tried to eat smaller portions. Most of the food was not low fat so I had to be careful. My baby had a hard time sleeping at my in-laws. So I was up with her for a few hours every night. This of course led to snacking on chocolate. It was a crazy tiring week (emotionally and physically) and I am glad it is over.

This Saturday we are having my daughter's Birthday Party at my Church. We have about 70 people coming and I am cooking all of the food with the help of my mom. This is the menu we have planned.

Barbecue chicken ( with homemade barbecue sauce (my grandfather's recipe. It's to die for))
Hamburger Barbecue
Ham and Swiss cosmo sandwiches with a special sauce drizzled over the top (Yum)
Baked Potatoes w/ sour cream and butter
Calico Beans
Cole Slaw
Macaroni Salad
Salad (with some kind of special dressing that my friend is making)
Fruit Salad (my friend is making)
Hot Pepperoni pizza dip
Hot Buffalo Chicken dip
Bongo Bongo dip
Chips and Pretzels
Homemade guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips (my sister is making)
Butterfinger Bars
Rice Krispie treats shaped like mini cupcakes with the tops dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.

Then I have to make about 170 cupcakes. We are doing a cupcake themed party and I am decorating with over sized cupcakes. I am going to line them down the center of each table. I will pipe the icing on top almost like you would an ice cream cone and then put a cherry with a stem still in it on the top. The other 70 cupcakes will be for everyone to eat instead of cake.

I lost 5 days of planning so I really need to get moving. I probably won't be posting again until Monday because of the party and then Mother's Day but I have a ton of cool stuff to share with you next week.



My Week In Review:

1. Exercise: My exercise consisted of chasing a 1 year old around for 5 days straight. I really can't wait to get back to the gym.

2. Track My Points Every Day: I didn't track my points like I planned. I will start again this week.

3. Exercise Points:

4. Water: I did not drink the amount of water that I should have. I really don't like my in-laws water so it was very hard. I am so used to my water cooler. I am so glad to be home.

5. Late night eating: I really wish my baby would sleep. It is killing my diet.

6. Snacking: I snacked more then I should have. It was so stressful this week and sometimes I didn't know what else to do.

7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I did eat a ton of veggies this past week and my fridge is stocked right now. I can't wait to eat them all.


Wish me luck with the party this weekend. I have to remind myself to stay away from the cupcakes. What was I thinking having a cupcake themed party? I know that I can't stay away from those things. :) I will post some pictures on Monday. Have a great week!



10 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats on the los despite the stressful week.
OMG, those cupcakes sound so good. i wanna come to the party. LOL ;-)

Pubsgal said...

Whew, girlfriend, I feel tired just *reading* your blog entry. Happy birthday to your baby girl!!! And I though the idea of cupcake-shaped and decorated rice crispy treats sounds great! Wish I'd thought of that for my daughter's birthday, she only eats frosting anyway. :-)

Terri said...

Send some cupcakes my way! Congrats on the loss!

laurajane said...

Great job on the loss in spite of all the stress- that is no small feat. The b-day party sounds like fun!

Pamela Kramer said...

Good Luck this weekend! I'm exhausted myself.

Online BMI Calculator said...

Nice Blog and good title selected.. as people are in search of this topic. Keep on sharing.

Superjaxster said...

I love cupcakes too. There is just something about a tiny cake that is so appealing! Hope all goes well for the party - sounds like it will be wonderful (and you have lots of food listed that I LOVE)

Superjaxster said...

And PS you've inspired me to go back to WW. It really is a great program and I'm excited to be back on board!
I'll be posting my weekly results on my blog as well. This is a really great accountability tool and it is so great to have support of readers and friends :)

MackAttack said...

Wow, that is a busy week! I hope you guys get a chance to relax after the emotional rollercoaster.

Mama Bear June said...

Wow, that's a big b'day party! Happy B'day to your baby!

During times of stress with family, you do what you can and counting points or calories takes a back seat and that's OK.

It's wonderful that hubby's Grandmother had 91 years!

Hope you are back into your routine and able to relax soon. Hugs and prayers.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin