And the number on the scale this morning was 191.5. I am actually happy about this. I lost half a pound this past week and I really thought I might gain 5. It was just such a crazy week. We left for my in-laws on Friday morning and got back after the funeral late Tuesday night. I really did not have any time to count points or even try to count points. I was actually chasing my one year old around the whole entire time. That's right. I said one year old. My baby also turned a year old on Monday. :) It makes it harder when every place you go is not child proofed. My baby was into everything she could get her hands on. It seemed like everything sitting around my in-laws house was glass. I am thankful that nothing got broken and that I got lots of exercise.
This week I ate what was around I just tried to eat smaller portions. Most of the food was not low fat so I had to be careful. My baby had a hard time sleeping at my in-laws. So I was up with her for a few hours every night. This of course led to snacking on chocolate. It was a crazy tiring week (emotionally and physically) and I am glad it is over.
This Saturday we are having my daughter's Birthday Party at my Church. We have about 70 people coming and I am cooking all of the food with the help of my mom. This is the menu we have planned.
Barbecue chicken ( with homemade barbecue sauce (my grandfather's recipe. It's to die for))
Ham and Swiss cosmo sandwiches with a special sauce drizzled over the top (Yum)
Baked Potatoes w/ sour cream and butter
Salad (with some kind of special dressing that my friend is making)
Fruit Salad (my friend is making)
Hot Pepperoni pizza dip
Hot Buffalo Chicken dip
Bongo Bongo dip
Chips and Pretzels
Homemade guacamole, salsa, sour cream and chips (my sister is making)
Rice Krispie treats shaped like mini cupcakes with the tops dipped in chocolate and sprinkles.
Then I have to make about 170 cupcakes. We are doing a cupcake themed party and I am decorating with over sized cupcakes. I am going to line them down the center of each table. I will pipe the icing on top almost like you would an ice cream cone and then put a cherry with a stem still in it on the top. The other 70 cupcakes will be for everyone to eat instead of cake.
I lost 5 days of planning so I really need to get moving. I probably won't be posting again until Monday because of the party and then Mother's Day but I have a ton of cool stuff to share with you next week.
My Week In Review:
1. Exercise: My exercise consisted of chasing a 1 year old around for 5 days straight. I really can't wait to get back to the gym.
2. Track My Points Every Day: I didn't track my points like I planned. I will start again this week.
3. Exercise Points:
4. Water: I did not drink the amount of water that I should have. I really don't like my in-laws water so it was very hard. I am so used to my water cooler. I am so glad to be home.
5. Late night eating: I really wish my baby would sleep. It is killing my diet.
6. Snacking: I snacked more then I should have. It was so stressful this week and sometimes I didn't know what else to do.
7. Eating more fruits and veggies: I did eat a ton of veggies this past week and my fridge is stocked right now. I can't wait to eat them all.
Wish me luck with the party this weekend. I have to remind myself to stay away from the cupcakes. What was I thinking having a cupcake themed party? I know that I can't stay away from those things. :) I will post some pictures on Monday. Have a great week!