Monday, April 27, 2009

What A Great Dinner

Update: I didn't add butter to my potato like I stated below. I meant to type fat free sour cream. Sorry.


Just a quick post today. My baby has been throwing up all day so it has been pretty hectic.


Anyway, I had the best dinner tonight. I followed some advice from Rachel from the blog Coffee and Curls. Rachel said that she marinates her Salmon in Soy Sauce, Cumin and Brown Sugar. I changed it a little and marinated mine in everything but the brown sugar. I substituted with some Splenda. It turned out to be amazing.


I'm not really sure how much of each ingredient I added but I really don't think you can mess it up. I used 16 oz of salmon, about 1 TBSP of Cumin, about a 1/3 cup of Splenda and enough Soy Sauce to make a marinade (I used quite a bit. Maybe a 1/3 of a cup). I just let it marinade in the fridge for a few hours and then threw it on the grill for a few minutes on each side. I did lay foil on the grill that I generously sprayed with Pam.

I also made my favorite baked potato on the grill. I slice the potato almost all the way through diagonally several times along the potato. Then I stuff the openings with onion slices and spray with spray butter. Wrap with foil and throw on the grill until it is soft. I did add about 2 TBSP of butter to mine after I took the picture.

It was definitely a great day for a great meal. It was in the 90's today. I hope you all had a great day.


4 comments:

Kelley said...

Looks yummy...I'm definitely going to try that with Salmon....I can eat it but don't really love it. I'd like to love it.

I make those "baked potato fans" but have never done them on the grill (great idea!). I use spray butter or a little drizzle of olive oil and season with dry Ranch dressing mix.

girlsmama said...

the potatoes sound yummy! I'm trying to make myself appreciate fish more. I'll have to try this one.

Sally said...

That baked potato idea sounds awesome.. I also like the ranch dressing suggestion from Kelley.. Thanks =]

GiGi said...

I LOVE ME SOME SALMON!! As a matter of fact, I am having some tonight and CANNOT wait! Is it weird that I get excited for my meals? LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin